Posted December 12, 2014
The school is terrible. The principal discriminates against students he personally picks out. He is bad at dealing with bullying and harassment he won't adress every situation and only focus on the kids he wants. And he suspends them and when getting a student's statement he writes down what he wants and doesn't even come close to writting what the kid is saying.

Peter G Schmidt Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2014
I think the parents and teachers work well together, and the principal works hard to ensure every student is treated fairly. I love the activities day they have for special needs children as well since I have a child with autism.

Posted April 16, 2013
Worst experience ever, school is not capable or knowledgeable of assisting children in special education (e.g. has limited programs and staff with minimal if any experience).

Posted September 15, 2011
I had one student attend k-6th and did pretty well academically. Was bullied from time to time and was really left to parents to deal with. We had a second child make it to 2nd grade and litterally had to pull her out of school and relocate our entire family because of bullying. The schools counsoler, principal and staff were all USELESS, in dealing with the problem child. Avoid this school if your concerened for your childs safety at all, because they will only pretend they're dealing with the issues and pat themselves on the back all while doing nothing. The teachers cant seem to keep a handle on problem students or do anything passed rearanging desks.

Posted September 10, 2009
Peter G is the best. I have two boys at PGS and they really have done great. The staff is incredible. The principal takes the time to join in on all school activities. The office staff is always there to help with big smiles on their faces. Last school year my son was trying to think of a way to repeat 4th grade so he could stay with the same teacher. He absolutely loved Mr. Colgan's 4th grade class.

Posted September 04, 2009
My childern loved every thing about this school, every day it was this was great that was great, they loved this school.

Posted June 25, 2009

Peter G Schmidt Elementary School 4

Posted June 15, 2009
My son is in the fourth grade and has been going since kindergarten, He is doing wonderful, he needs extra help and math and he has to go to another class where they give more one on one with a specialist. He has done so much better. I really like Peter G, Elem. and all the staff I have met so far. My son loves loves loves his viola teacher too! I don't think he wouldv'e kept with it if it weren't for the viola teacher. Music is so wonderful for the kids. Thanks for reading! Proud Mom of a 4th grader at PGS

Peter G Schmidt Elementary School 4

Posted June 14, 2009
I am in love with school but what I am not in love with is the current principal. A have a daughter in 6th grade and she feels that the pricipal does not listen to what the students have to say and when the students act up he threatens to take away certain things that he really has no control over such as 6th grade Cispus trip. Also from my understanding, a student asked him if we could have a food fight on the last day of school and he said no, which can be respected. What really caught my attention was when he said if there was to be a food fight then he would carry over a suspension for the next year for the 6th graders. He can't do that because they are not his students and they are no longer a part of his school.

Posted November 15, 2008

Peter G Schmidt Elementary School
6600 Capitol Blvd, Tumwater, WA  98501
Last modified Peter G Schmidt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peter G Schmidt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top