Vancouver, WA

Fruit Valley Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2014
I was not thrilled about my son going to a school where 83% of the children are eligible for free lunches. The teachers there are amazing though. Mrs. Fink and Mrs. Haldstead, the kindergarten teachers, are wonderful teachers and i'm amazed by their passion to teach. You also do not have to buy school supplies, snacks are given for free to the children each day.

Fruit Valley Elementary School 2

Posted September 17, 2013
My daughter attends this school. Right now she is in a class that is a blend of 1st and 2nd graders. I had no idea until she brought home a newsletter from her teacher in her backpack the 2nd week of school. Not a fan. I'm sure her teacher must be great to be able to divide time between teaching the 2nd graders and 1st graders different curriculum, but it shouldn't HAVE to be divided. My daughter has had a hard time concentrating in class due to this issue. The school itself is very disorganized. The bus basically comes whenever it wants to rather than on time, or kids end up not even getting put on the bus after school. no reminder calls regarding early release, they boasted about how something like 80% of her class was at state reading level.I was surprised that they were excited by that percentage. also they were behind her previous school in reading assignments so for two months in kindergarten she did homework she had already done. I like the small school size, but I'm seriously considering moving her to a school where she will be more challenged academically, and one that is more organized.

Posted May 17, 2013
I have been a part of Fruit Valley Elementary for only a short time, around 6 years, but my wife's grandmother was an aid there for over twenty years so it feels as if I have been a part of the FVES family for years. This family environment is the main strength of the school and Debbie Elliot (principle) is one of the main reasons. With a diverse group of families to blend ideas and strengths I see FVES continuing to improve!

Posted July 28, 2009
Excellent school. The principal and teachers are all very involved with the students. They go the extra step to ensure each child is given every possible opportunity to succeed.

Posted August 04, 2008
The principal is a wonderful person that listens to the child as well as the adult. All the kids enjoy going to school. The new school is clean and well taken care of. They have a daycare in the same building which is very nice. They are always giving the stundents free books to keep them reading. Over all a great school

Fruit Valley Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2007
I would like to see more activities for all children not just for the older children.

Posted September 26, 2007
My children are reading in kender garden and education is not only what they do, they give kids love and the kids know that they are there to learn and they are confident on there education. Every child is one in the school teachers,Students,Parents are all happy smiling, you walk the halls and every one is saying hi. If you need help they have a resorce room there, so they are always there to help. I love this school and when I move from the nabor hood it only means that i will be driving my kids to school. My children will go there in tell they are put in middle school. if a student is having trouble they make the time to teach one on one.

Fruit Valley Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2004
Best principal ever! My child loved this school. The staff was great, only concern they didnt have a safe play ground at that time, 2003. Would reccomend it, alot better then Hough Elementary.

Fruit Valley Elementary School
3301 Fruit Valley Rd, Vancouver, WA  98680
(360) 313-1900
Last modified Fruit Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fruit Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top