Vancouver, WA

Jason Lee Middle School 5

Posted March 29, 2015
My daughter is in 8th grade and graduating this year, 2015. She has been there for both 7th & 8th grade. The teachers, counselors and principal are there if you need them. They work hard to address all needs and answer your children's questions, but the children or parents have to ask them. The school provides a safe environment and taking big steps to ensure your children's success.

Jason Lee Middle School 1

Posted July 24, 2014
My daughter was sexually harrassed by a bunch of boys when she started growing some very predominant breasts. She reported it to her teachers and the principle. Nothing was done so she took it into her own hands and beat the heck out of the lead offender and SHE got punished. SERIOUSLY, she tried to do it the correct way and got tired of being slapped on the behind and groped in the hallways. My daughter is also very bright but gets bored easily and needs to be redirected and not just yelled at in front of her classmates. Maybe I'm wrong but I have always thought that basic Child Psychology was a required class to become a teacher, my daughter's teachers must have slept though it, they have no patients and they need to retire if they can't deal with children. The ONLY teacher she liked was the music teacher, she thought he was great and he took the time to actually teacher instead of just throwing a book at her and expecting her to do it herself. I'm not judging all the teachers, just the ones my daughter had, and they were horrible. Even on Parent night, they looked down on me as the mother of a child with poor grades and didn't want to discuss ways to help my daughter.

Jason Lee Middle School 4

Posted September 08, 2013
Jason Lee is not the newest school around. I can tell you that for sure. The teachers are great though and the I like the program a lot. This school could be improved a lot with a renovation and maybe a better P.E. department. The P.E. teachers are kind of jerks and the building is pretty old. Great school though.

Posted March 12, 2010
This is definitly the best schools. They not only let us learn and teach us great things but they let us be free. the teachers love the students and help then learn what they need for state standerds even if we are failing big time. we will improve...i love this school my entire family went here and i want my children to go here too. no matter whant this school lest us all be very free. and color our own world

Jason Lee Middle School 4

Posted May 08, 2009
A great school with plenty of good teachers. All of the progrgrams are well run and the kids love it. As for the so called 'bad kids', there are no more of them then you would see at any other middle school.

Jason Lee Middle School 5

Posted January 15, 2009
Wonderful Special education program! Staff very willing to work with challenging students and help them get a good education! I am impressed.

Jason Lee Middle School 2

Posted July 28, 2008
It's probably not the worst school in Vancouver, but it's definitely not the best. There is something wrong about Jason Lee. I have sat at student performances and the principal, Ms. Cone, appears disengaged. Many of the teachers here seem more than ready for retirement and outdated in their manner of teaching. With so many differently-abled learners, Jason Lee has its work cut out for it. From my experience as a parent it is not handling the task. The 'bad' kids dominate here and there are plenty of them.

Posted October 30, 2007
I like this school. As a parent I want my child to be immersed in diverse cultures and needs. Jason Lee has a large assortment of differences, from accelerated learning to non English speaking students. Having that type of variety may skew the testing results but it gives a much better view of the world to our children.

Jason Lee Middle School 3

Posted April 17, 2007
As a student I at jason lee has good teachers. My favorite was ms.Reiff. I think though that 6 graders need more sports insted of just track. Parents with time can participate in school stuff but parents that have to support a famliy have no time.

Jason Lee Middle School 2

Posted November 19, 2006
jason lee middle school is getting way to strict these kids need freedom of expression. just because the world is hard and crazy does not mean we have to take it out on todays youth. i think that the school should have more faith in the students because the school is full of great kids. its seems that they think if they dont push the students into being good, they will turn in to a bunch good for nothing drug dealers.i hope the kids of jason lee take a stand for their rights and speech up about this, because i know for a fact not too many kids there are happy about this pedicament.

8500 NW 9th Ave, Vancouver, WA  98665
Last modified Jason Lee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jason Lee Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top