Vancouver, WA

Posted July 27, 2012
I have been trying to contact the Language Academy, and have failed to have any email, FB message, or phone call returned. I can see having a break during the summer, but do the administrators check messages? Not a great first impression. :( I was excited to learn more about the programs and the school for my son, in hopes that he could begin in the fall. However, being a teacher myself, I believe in a strong, open line of communication...and so far, that has not been modeled. I guess I will have to look around further for quality education.

Posted January 10, 2011
I cannot be more dissapointed in this school. The staff is all leaving and it isn't their fault. It's the administrators who are never there (one is in FL) and are sucking the school dry of money but pushing the parents to do more. If you can't afford to keep teachers, why not keep the teacher who can do the most? While it's too late to move now, i can assure you we will not be back for next year.

Posted September 28, 2010
It seems curious that the reviewer who defends this school couldn't bring themself to give it 5 stars either. Its always easy to pass the buck to the parents..maybe this is the one whos running the place?

La Esquela/Language Academy 4

Posted September 15, 2010
My child has been with this school for several years and we are extremely pleased with not only the Spanish portion but the advanced curriculum being taught. All of the teachers are wonderful and truly care about the students they teach. Parent involvement is strongly encouraged and necessary (as it is with any school) but is unfortunately lacking with a couple of the families. A previous reviewer attributes students being held back to the school and yet the two students that have been held back are from the same family, which indicates there may be something more going on.

Posted September 08, 2010
We were disappointed to return this year and find the student body so reduced. The "founder"s children had not returned despite lip service to the dream and life goal claimed by those individuals to make this school successful. Every year the school has gotten smaller, rather than growing. Bright energetic pupils are being held back and stifled by the rigidity of the prinicpal's ' ineffective discipline. The prinicpal himself (a founder) also has abdicated his responisbility to the school and left a parent in charge of the day to day operations. We are uncomfortable with the apparent instability of the organization and are looking at alternative options

La Esquela/Language Academy 5

Posted May 02, 2010
We appreciate the reviews acknowledging the outstanding Core Knowledge curriculum and the sound concept of our school. And the recognition for accomplishing our goal of teaching topics above grade level is truly pleasing. Since founding La Escuela / Language Academy, Inc. we have worked and continue to work diligently on meeting and exceeding the mission of our school. We implemented fundraising events that are more in line with other private schools and non-profits in our local area in an effort to better meet the needs and requests of our clients and still maintain a moderately low-tuition rate. We take it very seriously when we learn that any client feels the mission is not being accomplished in any manner, regardless of the reasons. We have addressed these concerns and are always working to improve our school. I am always available to discuss any matter involving the school. Melissa S. Wilson, Founder

Posted August 04, 2009

La Esquela/Language Academy 2

Posted July 09, 2009
I agree with the posting of April 1, 2009 in so much as it is a fantastic concept and foundation. The CK and Spanish immersion education concept is fabulous and was very good. Unfortunately, the quality of the education has declined. Even the use of Spanish diminished over the past year. The teachers are stressed, disenfranchized and are resigning. Many families are leaving the school. Fund raising is pushed so hard that it's difficult to remember any other activities or interests in the past year. The parents are nickeled and dimed constantly. The financials are not transparent and which only leads to speculation. While we would like to have faith in direction the school is taking, we just don't.

La Esquela/Language Academy 4

Posted April 01, 2009
A fantastic concept and foundation. The Core Knowledge base and mult-lingual education my child receives is top notch. I would like to see more experience on the staff and some more clarity with the work, but very good overall! PreK through 3rd and growing every year!

La Esquela/Language Academy
7703 NE 72nd Ave, Vancouver, WA  98661
Last modified La Esquela/Language Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
La Esquela/Language Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top