Bad
Good

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted October 29, 2015
They have programs setup for the kids/parents to use, "Skyward", and everybody is on the same page when it comes to knowing what's happening on a day-by-day basis. This something we didn't have in other States, and as a parent I like it.

Posted October 29, 2015
My family & I are new to the Westport area, and our 13 yr. old son is currently enrolled in the Ocosta Jr./High School, and so far I have been very impressed and amazed with the teachers, and the district. We we're very skeptical at first, with reading some of the older reviews, but to date, as a father I am impressed.

Ocosta Junior - Senior High School 2

Posted August 27, 2014
Ocosta School district currently has the worst administration ever at the high school level. The principal should have been fired several times over for misconduct but the school board and superintendent are intimidated by him. This school is in bad shape because of his awful leadership.

Posted August 17, 2014
Ocosta is a great place to get a quality education. All three of my children graduated with honors and went on to four year universities, where they did very well. Ocosta has caring teachers that go out of their way to help students succeed. The only way not to succeed at this school is to not try or to not attend on a regular basis. This school has positive coaches in athletics and many teams regularly go to state. The knowledge bowl team is one of the most successful in the state with approximately 40% of the students participating.

Posted April 19, 2014
Amazing! I am currently going to this school, and I have been all my life... I'm in middle school and being a kid myself I was very happy about how Ocosta handles threats and problems that occur. I feel like its important to feel safe at school, and I always have because they take things seriously. The lunches they serve are good quality, and not overpriced. I recommend this school.

Ocosta Junior - Senior High School 1

Posted June 02, 2012
This is the absolute worst school I have ever seen. While the teachers are well as doing their jobs, it's the students that are the problem. Some of the students are disruptive, and the teacher doesn't even send them out of the classroom. Sports are too high of a priority at that school. Everywhere you go, that's all anyone can think about. The girls here are extremely shallow and want a guy who plays sports. They don't even seem to care about his personality and I.Q. If you are a nerd who shuns sports and wants a non-disruptive place to learn, this school is NOT for you.

Posted March 17, 2009
Ocosta High School can do much better. The kids are good, but the curriculum is a drag. It's a little ridiculous, how they dumb everything down for the kids, they need to learn.

Posted October 02, 2007
As a former Ocosta student, as well as active community member, I feel the overall educational experience is a positive one. Ocosta employs faculty and staff who care about the quality of their educational curriculum, as well as about the wellbeing of their students. I enjoyed being involved in a number of extracurricular and cocurricular activities during my time at Ocosta. It is true that as a small school, some programs are simply not available. Yet I have found that the available activities are great opportunities for fun, learning, and growth. The feeling of community regarding Ocosta schools is phenomenal. Nearly all the students know their peers, and one gets a sense of inclusiveness and support within this small school. Academic expectations are high, while the knowledge and support is there for students to succeed and move on to bigger and brighter futures. Thanks Ocosta. Go Wildcats!

Posted February 01, 2007
We love this school. I think it is a great school for my daughter Autumn. We moved from Texas and it has been a wonderful choice for us. Great job Ocosta!

Posted March 25, 2006
Ocosta has been a good school for my children to attend. It's rural enough for all to care and big enough to provide a little needed diversity.

2580 Montesano St South, Westport, WA  98595
Last modified Ocosta Junior - Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.