Westport, WA

Ocosta Junior - Senior High School 2

Posted August 27, 2014
Ocosta School district currently has the worst administration ever at the high school level. The principal should have been fired several times over for misconduct but the school board and superintendent are intimidated by him. This school is in bad shape because of his awful leadership.

Ocosta Junior - Senior High School 5

Posted August 17, 2014
Ocosta is a great place to get a quality education. All three of my children graduated with honors and went on to four year universities, where they did very well. Ocosta has caring teachers that go out of their way to help students succeed. The only way not to succeed at this school is to not try or to not attend on a regular basis. This school has positive coaches in athletics and many teams regularly go to state. The knowledge bowl team is one of the most successful in the state with approximately 40% of the students participating.

Ocosta Junior - Senior High School 5

Posted April 19, 2014
Amazing! I am currently going to this school, and I have been all my life... I'm in middle school and being a kid myself I was very happy about how Ocosta handles threats and problems that occur. I feel like its important to feel safe at school, and I always have because they take things seriously. The lunches they serve are good quality, and not overpriced. I recommend this school.

Ocosta Junior - Senior High School 1

Posted June 02, 2012
This is the absolute worst school I have ever seen. While the teachers are well as doing their jobs, it's the students that are the problem. Some of the students are disruptive, and the teacher doesn't even send them out of the classroom. Sports are too high of a priority at that school. Everywhere you go, that's all anyone can think about. The girls here are extremely shallow and want a guy who plays sports. They don't even seem to care about his personality and I.Q. If you are a nerd who shuns sports and wants a non-disruptive place to learn, this school is NOT for you.

Posted March 17, 2009
Ocosta High School can do much better. The kids are good, but the curriculum is a drag. It's a little ridiculous, how they dumb everything down for the kids, they need to learn.

Posted October 02, 2007
As a former Ocosta student, as well as active community member, I feel the overall educational experience is a positive one. Ocosta employs faculty and staff who care about the quality of their educational curriculum, as well as about the wellbeing of their students. I enjoyed being involved in a number of extracurricular and cocurricular activities during my time at Ocosta. It is true that as a small school, some programs are simply not available. Yet I have found that the available activities are great opportunities for fun, learning, and growth. The feeling of community regarding Ocosta schools is phenomenal. Nearly all the students know their peers, and one gets a sense of inclusiveness and support within this small school. Academic expectations are high, while the knowledge and support is there for students to succeed and move on to bigger and brighter futures. Thanks Ocosta. Go Wildcats!

Posted February 01, 2007
We love this school. I think it is a great school for my daughter Autumn. We moved from Texas and it has been a wonderful choice for us. Great job Ocosta!

Posted March 25, 2006
Ocosta has been a good school for my children to attend. It's rural enough for all to care and big enough to provide a little needed diversity.

Posted February 22, 2006
As a student at Ocosta, my school may have its down points,but overall,I am very satisfied with my social enviroment and education. Acedemicaly, the teachers are by no means snobbish,they have created a perfect balance between professionalism and friendliness. They are very dedicated to helping us pass the uncoming WASL. Students are held back for a reason other than money. The social aspect of Ocosta is wonderful. For the most part,everyone gets along with everyone and cliques are all but nonexistant. I am comfortable talking with the teachers and coaches, and I really feel like they care about me and my future. Athleticaly,we may not have a very wide variety of choices,but the programs we do have are top notch and have very good seasons in most cases.Also,the small student population allows for more playing time.Overall, I love my school and I would reccomend in to anyone moving to the coast.

Ocosta Junior - Senior High School 2

Posted January 25, 2006
I believe the quality of the academic programs are present. However, it seems most teachers at Ocosta have lost their proffesionalism. They seem aggitated, are snobish and look down upon there students. I work closely with children and high school students outside of the school program, and I know first hand the students are 'losing out' on their education at this facility. It has become apparent, the agenda for Ocosta is to hold back as many children as possible in order to maximize funding for the school. The population has its ups and downs do to seasonal migrant workers, the coast gaurd and families of fishermen. The majority of children at Ocosta believe it is a normal occurence to have been held back atleast one year. Do your children a favor, if you have to move to this area, or the coast is calling you, keep your children in Aberdeen schools.

2580 Montesano St South, Westport, WA  98595
Last modified Ocosta Junior - Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocosta Junior - Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top