Posted November 28, 2012
I love this school. My daughter has been attending for four years now and is constantly being challenged and engaged, as well as motivated to learn. Great principle and all the teachers are friendly and competent. Great communication between staff and parents. Happy environment with much to do. We are sad to be PCSing from this wonderful school.

Fort Stevens Elementary School 0

Posted August 05, 2009
My started going to this school in september of 08. We love this school my sons reading and math levels have improved drastically. Mrs walters is an awsome teacher and very kind to her students my son loved her. He is looking forward to starting 4th grade this september i give this school 5 stars!

Posted January 21, 2009

Posted August 23, 2008

Fort Stevens Elementary School 0

Posted August 22, 2007
I give Fort Stevens a 2 to 2 1/2 at best. Both my children did not like going to school and were afraid everyday for their safety. My son still has to go back to Fort Stevens and is having many fears about it. I am even looking into alternatives for this year if at all possible. The only time I would give Fort Stevens a 5 star rating is when Mr. Wolf was principal because. The only teachers at the school that I can 100% say are wonderful are Mrs. Wilder, Mrs. Salme and Mrs. Wetzel. They helped my son incredibly.

Posted June 27, 2007
- a staff
We just moved here from another town in WA. What has impressed me the most is the positive and uplifting attitudes of teachers and staff. And I am amazed at the level of communication. At our old school, we never heard anything between report cards. At Ft Steven's we have an alomst weekly update of our children's progress. In addition, it has been very helpful to know what the home work expectatins are and when it's due. I love that the whole school runs on the same homework schedule. It makes it much easier for working aprents too keep tabs on their children's home work. Love the school.

Posted August 11, 2006
- a staff
Fort Stevens has been an awesome experience for us. We are military and relocate frequently. The staff there is awesome, the teachers are great and truly care about the kids. Everyone througout the whole school has a great team attitude and work to make the school a positive, fun place to be. My son came from El Paso with a .9 reading level entering the first grade(below target for his age)and before he left the first grade and the Walk to Read program he had gone up to a 2.3 reading level (thank you Mrs' Salme and Wilder)and now going into the 3rd grade is up to a 4.9 and 170 words per minute. Staff wise you can't beat this school. I liked it so much I got a job there.

Fort Stevens Elementary School 3

Posted July 22, 2006
Ft. Stevens is a good school. My son had an awful kindergarten experience. However, his teachers for 1st and 2nd grade worked really hard to help undo the damage done by his very first teacher. Mr. Wolf was a great principal and will be missed.

Fort Stevens Elementary School 4

Posted January 21, 2006

Posted August 16, 2005
Fort Stevens is a great school! I am very impressed with all my son learned in his first year of Kindergarten. I am thankful that my son had such a great experience for his first year of school!

Fort Stevens Elementary School
16525 100th Way SE, Yelm, WA  98597
Last modified Fort Stevens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Stevens Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top