Posted April 29, 2014
My school is GENUINE. This school may have been around for a while but, the ppl in it make it GENUINE. From the Principal all the way to the children themselves and what they stand for.

Posted May 12, 2013
Ok i have to bragged on my school 1 more time!!!!!!! Ok from my k-2nd grade years were great my teachers were wonderful they put no stress or anything on me i would always come in with a smile on my face and a postive attitude and at the end of the day iw ould leave happy as can ever my 2nd grade year when i had to leave it was very sad :'( i cant stan being without my chamberlain friends they were like family to me. i luv the staff the teachers and everything there its the best school EVER and it will always be # 1 Love your little chamberlain friend haley stephenson

Chamberlain Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2013
Not only have I had the privilege of Ms. Pfister being my kids principail but now my two grandchildren. The teaching staff could not be better . I love every part of the education the smiles and all the help that you reecive from everyone working there. They both had Mrs. Walsh Kindergarten what a great teacher, she puts no stress on the kids or the parents and they learn so very much. From the first grades to the third couldn't ask for better teachers. Thats as far as we are right now but no doubt that forth and fifth will also be the greatest!!! Thanks Chamberlain for all the training and education that you are providing for my Grandchildren. We love all you and respect you for all that you do.

Posted February 22, 2012
Chamberlain Elementary is top of the line...first class. Mrs. Pfister has consistently provided leadership for over 35 years to this community school. The building is probably one of the oldest school buildings in the state, but she encourages the maintenance staff to keep it in good working order and clean to sight and health. She inspires the staff to be the best that they can be so that the students will be their best as well. All the staff seem to tell the students in words and actions that each student "is kind, ...is smart, and ...is important." It is refreshing to hear other parents express positive remarks about the school and teachers. The Home -school association works continualy to assist in enrichment activities and fund raising. The partnership is fantastic. The students are challenged and are expected to work hard for grades which helps prepare them for middle school. No new building; new nice gym or all purpose room; no fancy equipment; but caring people and learning happening every day.

Posted August 21, 2011
I am back again this year and I know we are only in the beginning of the school year. I would just like to say we have lost a great teacher that was an inspiration to me when I first came there to enroll my children. She was not any of my childrens teacher but yet she greeted me everytime I saw her while I sat in line to drop my child off to school, she greeted me with such warmth when ever I came into the school for tutoring, yet I did not tutor her class. She welcomed me with open arms as did everyone there at Chamberlain . Principal Nancy Phister and all of Chamberlain s staff welcome you as if you were walking into their home. One that I will sadly miss and my child will not have the oppurtunity to be taught by is with God now. How she inspired me was through her kindness every single day. She helped me to believe in the school system again. Thank You and as I look into the Heavens I know you are one of many of GODS teaching ANGELS. Thank You Chamberlain for all that you do! Debbie

Posted August 17, 2010
My son attended Chamberlain from third through fifth grades, and my daughter will have been there since first grade. It's an old building, but the competence, caring and enthusiasm of the administration, teachers, and even the parents make Chamberlain stand out as an exceptional public school. I am extremely happy with the education both of my children have received at Chamberlain. Principal Nancy Pfister deserves a lot of credit, and the rest of the staff is first rate. The only problem I see is that it feeds into Horace Mann Middle School, and that's a decidedly mixed bag.

Posted July 12, 2010
I love Chamberlain Elementary! I spent K-5 there and I am overall outstandingly pleased. The staff all focus on your the students getting each topic, memorizing, studying, and hope for good citizenship. The academics are challenging and great! They are all well experienced teachers too. I left feeling like I said goodbye to my parents. I have that kind of bond with them. Behavioral issues most of the time are taken care of, besides most of the kids here are good, respectful students anyways. This school is safe and clean. It has an award winning custodian. The principal is the best you may ever see! P.E. and music could use a little more options for better enjoyment and quality. Parent are deeply envoled at this school, they work on fundraising, organizing, etc. This school has recently also started working on physical fitness and healthy eating, giving students pedometers, eating charts, encouragment,etc.

Chamberlain Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted April 07, 2009
My son is a student in Mrs. Walsh's kindergarten class and I would like to say that she is an excellent. She really has a knack for making young children confident in themselves. Mrs. Walsh is very tender and loving and I could go on for days about how wonderful she is. Mrs. Pfister, the principal, and the rest of the staff are 100% committed to the education and well-being of the students. I am truly blessed that my child is so lucky to attend this awesome school!

Posted September 18, 2008
My son is in second grade at Chamberlain (08-09) and we are VERY happy with everything we have experienced there. You could not find a more caring and supportive staff anywhere. The principal, Mrs. Pfister is so encouraging to all staff, students and parents. I have never seen anyone left out or not feel welcome at the school. My son was actually excited for school to start !! My husband and I are looking forward to sending our daughter to Chamberlain in a couple of years. I like being involved in a school that wants to be involved in teaching knowledge and life skills to all the children who attend there. Keep up the excellent work Chamberlain!!!

Chamberlain Elementary School
4901 Venable Av South East, Charleston, WV  25304
(304) 348-1969
Last modified Chamberlain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chamberlain Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top