Bad
Good

Why is this school filled with so many neo-nazis and white supremacists? Is this just some temporarily fad going on or are the students here reflecting the Sissonville community?

I've moved to TN and am still very proud of my WV roots. I just heard where SHS has decided to change a policy of praying before ballgames: don't do it, please! Don't be bullied nor scared into changing a choice to pray for safety and sportsmanship for the youth at your school. What does that hurt? For those who don't want to pray, don't pray. Don't be ashamed, Sissonville, of acknowledging God.

This is a wonderful school. I always felt very supported by my teachers, and overall I felt like it was a great place to go to school. Now that I've graduated, I wish I were still there. The only thing I didn't like is that the principal has suppressed the art programs to the point where the band is all that's left. I was in band, though, and I had a great experience. It was the highlight of my high school years.

I love it ! All of the teachers are great ! ! ! ! !

I am a current student at Sissonville High School and I love it. Sissonville is a wonderful school. It feels like one great big family. This high school is sometimes looked down upon when really it is one of the most welcoming to new students and staff. I would never change my school even if I had to move 3 hours away. I love Sissonville.

Sissonville is a great enviornment and they do all they can to create that enviornment and show the kids they care. There are a variety of oppertunities a student can get there. I would recomend this school to anyone.

The amount of work being done to this school and around the area is something that we all take for granted. The academic support is greater than what most [people] think. Parents and teachers try to support us the best they can for a higher level of academic involvment. Even thought the music and art levels are down, we can all raise our voices for a greater education.

The music and fine arts programs in this school are being crushed or eliminated; once considered the 'pride of Sisssonville.' English classes rely on literature to teach composition-but it doesn't work. The class schedules limit students' abilities to take advanced classes and classes out of their 'career path.' Sissonville is a good school, but if the over-controlling administration doesn't refocus the current direction, step away from the 'mandatory' mentality, Sissonville will end up a 'poor' school. I am not bitter about my high school experience, but the few good things my class had going have been taken away from my sister and her peers. It is in the power of the administration to correct the school's flaws. I wish them luck.

Last modified Sissonville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.