Clarksburg, WV

Posted September 03, 2009
With all due respect to the author of the entry in July, 2004, the author is simply wrong about his or her facts. ND has 11 AP courses, more than any other school in north central WV. Moreover, my daughters graduated from ND, and were very well prepared at the highly ranked and competitive private colleges that they attended. One just graduated summa cum laude and has been accepted at a prestigious graduate school. The other is in the top 10% of her class in another highly ranked private school. Neither needed or received any remedial courses in college, and neither went to a college in WV. They both studied the classics in AP Literature, including Plato, Shakespeare and some of the other great authors and thinkers. Simply stated, both were very well prepared for college. Futher, no lock were even needed on the lockers.

Posted May 28, 2009
my daughter has just finished her first year at Notre Dame and really likes it. She was very shy at first and it took her some adjustment but she says the teachers really care and the kids are very close and that she would like to stay there. We have to drive 40 miles every day one way to go there also.

Posted October 18, 2008
Being a former Student yet I had to move again before the SR year this school is excellent and the students are outstanding.

Notre Dame High School 1

Posted September 07, 2008

Notre Dame High School 1

Posted August 27, 2008

Posted March 07, 2008
Notre Dame is by far the best school I have been to. It provides a great education, while maintaining the Christian environment that is expected. I plan on returning the fell of next year. notre Dame is like home to me. I tried boarding school, but Notre Dame had provided a much more helpful approach to everything, and the work here is ridiculous. I learned a lot more than math science etc at Npre Dame./

Posted December 07, 2006
I like this school because it has a family-like atmosphere. The teacher's will help you and fit arund your schedule. Even the sports allow you to do as many activities you want. Everyone knows everyone so it's hard for kids to get away with things like they would at a public school.

Posted February 23, 2005
My son was in a public school and it seemed like his life was spiraling out of control. I then placed him at Notre Dame and he is doing a great deal better. The teachers are knowledgable and they really care about each and every student. They offer an excellent athletic department and have plenty extracurricular activities to suit the need of everyone. The level of parent involvement is evident everyday. Parent volunteers are always around the school and the school keeps each and every parent involved in every aspect of their child's development. Dr. Carol Morrison (principal) is always concerned with every student's development personal and academic. You can count on her to discuss your child with you and to create a plan to aide you in any way she can. She always seems to have the time. The staff are readily available for discussion as well. Thank You!

Notre Dame High School 0

Posted September 28, 2004
I beleive that Notre Dame is a very good high school, in that they care about every student and cater to each of their needs. I myself came from a large high school with over a thousand students enrolled. I found it refreshing to come here and see how close everyone was and how they helped one another. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of the comments i've read have just been mean and from what I can see... Very ignorant.

Posted September 28, 2004
Notre Dame is a good school. The ones who said they didn t learn anything at Notre Dame didn t tell you why. Like most schools, if you sit in class and don t pay attention you won t learn anything. I have attended St. Mary s and Notre Dame since kindergarten and I participated fully in every class and learned as much as I could. I always rank amongst the top 15% in the nation in standardized tests. In regards to the writer of the July 2004 review, its inaccuracies need to be recognized. There are college board AP classes that happen to be taught by some of the best teachers in the county. I know of many who studied and know much about Cicero and Kant. Also, in our College Board AP class we read Utopia, by Plato.

Notre Dame High School
127 East Pike Street, Clarksburg, WV  26301
Last modified Notre Dame High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Notre Dame High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top