Posted May 03, 2012
i have had nothing but problems with this school. the communication stinks from the princeple down to the teachers. my kids will be in a different school next year. parents if you care for your kids education stay away from here because they dont!

Posted February 03, 2012
Terrible school, terrible principle. Some good staff, but mostly terrible. Some are passive aggressive, and some just don't care. This school needs walls, and a principle that actually cares. The best thing I ever did was transfer my child. He is doing awesome at his new school. And he is much happier...

Posted November 02, 2010
This school is in poor shape, both physically with its outdated and ineffective "open classroom" concept, and from an administrative leadership position. Hauling children to sit in the principal's office and turning the lights off in the lunchroom while forcing them to eat silently appear to be the only methods by which children's behaviors are contained. I think it is rather telling that three of my child's kindergarten peers were pulled out by their parents and enrolled in other elementary schools within the first few weeks of the year. One of the kindergarten teachers quit in October she was so frustrated with the school. We are fortunate to have an excellent teacher this year, but have already started looking for a school that will accept transfers for first grade. There is no excuse for the chaos that reigns at this elementary school.

Posted November 02, 2010
Watson Elementary is in desperate need of improvement - both physically and administratively. Our daughter attended kindergarten at Watson this fall for five weeks until we transferred her to another area school. In her short time there, she was witness to children kicking, hitting and spitting on her teacher; students were repeatedly suspended for bad behavior; her classroom was evacuated due to an unruly student and she often ate lunch in the dark. While I feel that the teachers are trying their best, they are receiving no support from administration and these issues are being hidden from the public. This school is not conducive to learning for our children! The Board of Ed. needs to investigate what is going on at Watson - in one month I have learned of 11 students transferring and a Kindergarten teacher resigning. Unacceptable!!

Watson Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2010
Teachers at Watson work hard trying to meet the needs of the children. We have many lower economic children. Some of us work 10 hour days planning for these children.

Watson Elementary School 5

Posted September 26, 2009
I'm new here at Watson. The new principal is wonderful and the teachers do very well given the limitations of the facility. It is stunning to me that walls aren't built. These wonderful children and their instructors could do so much more if they had quiet to study and to reflect.

Watson Elementary School 2

Posted April 24, 2009
I think that the layout of Watson causes problems. There are no separate classrooms. So the teachers seem to have to be very noise-conscious and have to limit their activities and punish the noisy kids more than normal. If the school had walls for their classrooms, plus if they had a separate gym for wintertime recess (this room is also used as a lunchroom currently), the school would be better. I am not a big fan of the principal either.

Watson Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2009
My child is a kindergartner at Watson. I don't like that kindergarten is a full day, no naps, and during the winter, kids don't get recess, they get put in front of the TV.

Watson Elementary School 5

Posted February 04, 2008
Watson Elementary has the very best interests of the students at heart! The entire staff goes above and beyond on a daily basis to meet the academic needs and social/emotional needs of the children under their care.

Watson Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2006
My son attended this school in K and 1st. He loved it! I loved it! How often does that happen? We had a few struggles but nothing over the top. He grew academically and socially in this moral, education based environment. I did, however, have issues with the principal from time to time. It seemed as if he was more interested in his title than his position. My son felt that he was unapproachable; furthermore, it seemed as if there was more concern for raising money than education at times. Librarian was amazing! Art, music and physical education were wonderful! His teachers were phenominal! All in all, you will love it!

Watson Elementary School
1579 Mary Lou Retton Dr, Fairmont, WV  26554
Last modified Watson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top