Huntington, WV
Students enrolled: 1,025

Posted February 02, 2010
I interned at SVHS and it was a great experience..the staff were very helpful, the students pretty well behaved and the administration works hard to keep things in tact. They really need another vice principal and secretary to help out.

Posted November 20, 2009
This is my third year at SVHS..I love it. Most of the teachers are very helpful. I like my counselor and it's been pretty cool so far. I like it because we have a female vice principal too.

Posted March 17, 2009
My son has been attending SVHS just this year. So far things have gone well. The administration, in particular Mr. Swan helped us by having a pep talk with my son. I appreciate him taking time out in a busy school to do so. One suggestion for the teachers would be more hands on with the students and really try to help them succeed. Another suggestion.. for the school district is to lower their graduation requirements for incoming students. These need to be consistent with the surrounding states. Therefore, when a student moves into Wayne County schools, they do not start behind everyone else here.

Posted November 18, 2008
Both my sons went to SVHS. The school is much better than a few years ago. The assistant principals work together, discipline is better, and school atmosphere is much more positive.

Posted May 23, 2008
My daughter goes to SVHS - 4.0 GPA - loves the school and all the staff. I have no complaints. A great experience so far.

Posted April 10, 2008
I think that SVHS is a spectacular school. Everything is not perfect but I feel so blessed to be able to go to school here with my friends and make great memories and lurn enough for me to get a great job in 2 years.

Posted March 28, 2008
My son is a senior at Spring Valley High School this year. I believe his school experience has been enjoyable to him. He has really enjoyed most of his teachers. I never had any problems with Ms. Staley and neither did my son. He says that the atmosphere at the school is a lot better since Ms. Staley is no longer there. By the way, my son has a 3.8 grade average. That says something about the quality of teachers that are employed there.

Posted December 20, 2007
I have been attending SVHS for 2 years now, and I love our school. No, we don't have a lot of team/school spirit, and we do have smoking and God knows what else going on in some areas. But all high schools in this day and time do. You can get a good education wherever you go as long as you put yourself to it. True, some of our teachers do slack, but all the other ones that don't are really awesome. I'm glad my high school experience is happening here.

Posted December 10, 2007
We just love this school. I have been pleased with everything from the administration to academics, teachers and extracurricular activities.

Posted December 10, 2007
My son is a student at SVHS and has been for the past three years. The new principal is much friendlier and seems to back his administrative team. The new administrative team seems to working together to benefit the students and the school!

1 Timberwolf Dr, Huntington, WV  25704
Last modified Spring Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top