Huntington, WV

Kellogg Elementary School 2

Posted January 05, 2014
Teachers are great except for the vice principal I find that he was a little to rough for the kids and the substitutes are TERRIBLE made my friend cry. And I find that one of the first grade teachers didn't really help with some if the students reading. Everything is great except for the vice principal and most of the substitutes one of them my daughter absolutely Adored!

Posted May 19, 2011
The teacher are great but the principal has to go.. Ms. Francis was the best, Damron was just a bad mistake. Instead of working to help students she helps herself. Doctor I think not!!

Kellogg Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2011
Kellogg has much to offer. The teachers are all wonderful. I do however think that the greatest downfall of a school it's size is the vertical grouping. Kellogg students are left in the same group of children from kindergarten-5th grade. If by the luck of the draw or the hand that picks your child is put in a "good group" you may not notice the difference. I feel that leaving children in the same classroom for six years will hinder more than their social skills. I feel that too many children are being left behind because teachers have to teach to the middle group. To me a wonderful school would recognize that some children need more help while others need to be challenged. Teachers are often overloaded with behavioral, emotional, and learning disabilities with little to no extra help. Anyone who believes that no child is being left behind needs to spend a day in the classroom. I say no to vertical grouping!

Kellogg Elementary School 1

Posted April 06, 2011
AT THIS SCHOOL I HAVE LEARNED THAT YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE "MOMMY CLICK" AS FOR THE PRINCIPAL......WOW! NOT GOOD!

Kellogg Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2010
We as parents are still getting a school supply list. They now call it a "Wish List". Our taxes should be buying these essential items. If there isn't enough money in the budget, then they should cut some fat/ dead-weight out! If Cabell Co. gave give each student a backpack full of supplies, then Wayne Co. should be able too!

Posted May 04, 2010
It is a great school. The teachers are very caring and give the kids the attention they need to succeed!

Posted April 21, 2010
It is just a great school. My grand-daughter is making honor roll grades because of the teachers wonderful teachings. I am proud that she goes to Kellogg.

Posted April 20, 2010
I love Kellogg Elementary because the children are wonderful and full of Tiger Pride! Everywhere I go around town I see Tiger Paw prints on people's cars .. letting everyone know they are part of Kellogg Elementary. It makes me smile to see a community so proud and connected!

Posted April 19, 2010
I love Kellogg because, they take great care of my kids. I know that my kids will allways be safe there. They are #1 in the country!

Posted April 19, 2010
wonderful school! small enough that everybody knows everybody and class size is relatively small, large enough for lots of opportunity.

Kellogg Elementary School
4415 Piedmont Rd, Huntington, WV  25704
Last modified Kellogg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kellogg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top