Posted March 29, 2012
I have three children currently enrolled at St. Joseph Catholic School. I transferred my children from public school, out of state to St. Joe. I can honestly say that I have never been so happy with the top quality education the school provides. The teachers are amazing, caring and dedicated. I have been tremendously impressed with the hard work and level of knowledge and professionalism the principal has exhibited to my children family over the past few years. She continues to be a major influence and positive reason for our family's decision to be part of St. Joe. I have read the previous reviews posted about the school and the principal and can only imagine that these parents or parent simply did not get want they wanted. The principal and school, in my opinion always makes the best decision for the child. I am truly thrilled with the quality of education, moral and Christian teachings my children are receiving.

St. Joseph Grade School 1

Posted January 08, 2012
Need to replace the principal. She is more worried about filling spaces than educating children.

St. Joseph Grade School 1

Posted December 10, 2011
This School is NOT one to even consider if you're looking to be involved in the PTA. The principal is borderline incompetent and should never have been allowed the reins to this once great school. The only reason I'm giving the teachers a three stars is because of some amazing teachers my kid had. Since I transferred her out of this school a few years ago, I'm not sure where they are but I pray they got out and went to a school that will give them credit for their great accomplishments the principal never did.

St. Joseph Grade School 2

Posted May 19, 2010
The principal is a horrible leader who is more concerned with growth than with providing a quality education and a nurturing environment. She has little understanding of child development or proper staffing. There are several quality teachers who do not get the credit they deserve, which is unfortunate.

Posted April 11, 2010
The staff is amazing! The school acts as a family! I have been impressed with everything from nursery to middle school and administration. The parents are able to be involved in a very accepting and positive way. Gail McDowell has been a wonderful addition as vice prinicpal! The nursery is ran well and Brittani King has been wonderful as well!

Posted February 16, 2010
This is school is wonderful! Both of my children attend it. The teachers are wonderful and really do care about the students. The principal is fantastic and is excellent at what she does! The new school is great and the classrooms are bigger and better!

Posted December 10, 2009
This school is more than a school. It is an extended part of our parish, and our families. The grade school and preschool are a great starting point for nourishing our children with education and spirituality. The teachers are great, and staff does a great job. There are decisions made that don't make everyone happy, but they are made in the best interest of the school. We will always do what we can to make sure our children attend St Joseph's schools.

Posted November 17, 2009
The staff at St. Joseph Catholic School is what helped us make our choice for our son's education. We have a bright 5th grader and every year our teachers have gotten better and better! To us, it was the choice of a newer car or our son's education! Basically the price of a car payment! The kids are learning and being engaged, they are not just memorizing facts.

Posted October 18, 2009
St. Joseph Grade School is the BEST. They have the BEST teachers and staff in any school in Cabell County. I would not send my children to any other school. They care about the children and treat the kids like they would want their children to be treated. St. Joseph Grade school is a second family for my child.

Posted October 18, 2009
My great-nephew attends St. Jospeh Grade School. He is performing extremely well in his studies. He loves his teacher and is excited about his school. I feel St Joseph has been a positive reinforcement to him.

St. Joseph Grade School
1326 6th Avenue, Huntington, WV  25701
Last modified St. Joseph Grade School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Joseph Grade School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top