Huntington, WV

Meadows Elementary School 2

Posted August 01, 2011
There are things about Meadows that I like and things that I don't. It is a small school, the teachers all know who I am and who my child is and it is within walking distance. Those are the good points. The academics are mediocre, the county seems to have forgotten that the school is there except to mention that they might close it down and all of the staff seems to be on autopilot. There is just no life at the school. Meh.

Meadows Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2010
Very unsatisfied with the staff, who seemed for the most part apathetic and more concerned about making their jobs as easy as possible. As soon as there are any problems they will do all they can to have your child switched to a different school. "Where kids come first" only seems to apply until it might inconvenience them apparently.

Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted February 20, 2007
My son transfered in the middle of the year from Central City, where he was deemed by the teacher as the potential of failing kindergarten. My son has been diagnosed with ADHD, OCD and an anxiety disorder, but everyone {aside from his former teacher} knew he was extremely intelligent for his age, but his problems where the cause of him not doing as good in school. {he was able to do the work at home without any problem} He arrived at Meadows, and ever since then he receives 'stars' on all of his papers, is reading books at home and loves school way more than before. The new teacher really cares and it shows, and my son couldn't be more proud of himself now. Meadows has been a huge help for him.

Meadows Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2006
I have not had a positive year with Meadows Elementary. My childs teacher nor the principal has been helpful or positive. The teacher has commented more on how long her day is than what the class is learning.

Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted June 18, 2006
We are very pleased with Meadows, and it is the only school that has a parent put together year book so all of the children recieves one for free. They also open car doors when a student is dropped off in the morning. A very welcoming school and staff.

Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2004
My son attended Meadows from K-2nd grade, got transfered to Cammack Elementary. We regreted this decision. Meadows is a great school! Great leadership, quality teachers, lots of extracurricular activities, and strong involvement of parents who help to make this the place for kids....'Meadows...where kids come first' is a great slogan and fits the school well. I rated this school a 4 because I believe there is always room for improvement, other wise I was pleased during the time my daughter and son attended there.

Meadows Elementary School
1601 Washington Blvd, Huntington, WV  25701
Last modified Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadows Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top