PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I can not say a negative thing about this school. My husband and I are both in law enforcement and with what we know about safety, this school is far above all the schools in the area in that respect. Yes! The parents are very involved in the school and they put a lot of time into helping the students learn how to serve the community and others. My children have attended St. Francis for four years. The teachers have high expectations and are very loving towards the children. I am unsure where several of the negative comments are coming from. I would hope anyone questioning sending their children to St. Francis, not listen to the negative comments and come see for yourself.

There is a special place in my heart filled only with complete, utter hatred for this school and everyone associated with it. I am currently an eighth grader here and thank god I'm graduating and getting out of this toxic environment. Almost all of the other students are bratty rich kids without the ability to to not insult someone or cuss every two sentences. There is more drama than I thought could exist in a class of 38 teenagers. If you want to torture your child, please go on ahead and send your child here. As another person previously stated, "this school was the biggest biggest mistake we've ever made". I couldn't agree more. I know it's desperate to be writing a review online for Saint Francis, but if I can save at least one poor kid from going to this school then it will be worth it.

Biggest mistake our family has ever made. We are practicing catholics and thought this would be a great school. Our kindergarten child was ridiculed talked and made fun of regarding his lunch he brought to school. His days were sitting in a classroom by himself because he was scared. When I picked him up his head would hang his head down wouldn't talk until half way home cried all evening.parents aren't allowed past front door so u can't check on your child. My heart broke. If your child does not have to be taught then this is the school for you. All I can say is the kindergarten teacher is inexperienced only teaches one way has no compassion or child experience. I do believe in karma but I hope when she has a child she is given teacher that gives her child compassion. I can't rate this school because there is no scale low enough. Parents please do your homework before considering this school. If you like military schools this is the school for you.

Awesome! I'm in eight grade and I love it everyone is nice and connected so no one feels left out

It is our 5th year with St. Francis and we are very pleased! It's an excellent school that focuses on acedemic excellence and spirituality. Top notch facility and everyone is very pleasant and helpful.

School for the wealthy. They do not want students that may bring Terra Nova tests scores down. Current administration has forgotten what school is all about. A few wealthy parents are running school. Main concern is school colors and uniform policy. Attendance is down and tuition is up!

My child just finished kindergarten. He learned to read and is doing well with math skills. His teacher was very creative and turned learning to count money in to a social studies lesson by learning the presidents and locations on the coins. He had a great year and we are very appreciative of the loving environment.

My daughter attended St. Francis for 9 years. She was thoroughly prepared for the academic rigors of high school. The school has a strong curriculum, in a very structured environment.

This school is a mixed bag. If you get the right teacher, it can be a wonderful place. Unfortunately, most of the wonderful teachers are in the middle school. Many of the teachers (especially in the elementary school) are cruel and adhere to old-fashioned forms of discipline. For example, some teachers scream when they lose control of the classroom. Others over discipline. My then 6-year old child was disciplined almost daily with "minus five minutes of recess time" for thinks like crumpling up paper before throwing it into the trash bin instead of just throwing it "not crumpled" in the trash bin. After five years of promises that things will get better I sent my child to MLA. She reports that she "no longer watches the clock waiting for school to end." If I had to do it over again, I would have started my child in public school or MLA. I give parent involvement two-stars (below-average) b/c the parents are overly involved. I agree with the teacher in a recent post--the parents run the school and think that b/c they are financially well-off they can dictate educational programming. This is not my brand of Christianity. I believe more in an inclusive and kind environment.

One star is too much for this school. The parents run the school, not the teachers/administrators.

Last modified St Francis De Sales Central Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8