Posted October 17, 2013
Awesome! I'm in eight grade and I love it everyone is nice and connected so no one feels left out

Posted August 22, 2013
It is our 5th year with St. Francis and we are very pleased! It's an excellent school that focuses on acedemic excellence and spirituality. Top notch facility and everyone is very pleasant and helpful.

Posted June 27, 2013
School for the wealthy. They do not want students that may bring Terra Nova tests scores down. Current administration has forgotten what school is all about. A few wealthy parents are running school. Main concern is school colors and uniform policy. Attendance is down and tuition is up!

Posted June 02, 2013
My child just finished kindergarten. He learned to read and is doing well with math skills. His teacher was very creative and turned learning to count money in to a social studies lesson by learning the presidents and locations on the coins. He had a great year and we are very appreciative of the loving environment.

St Francis De Sales Central Catholic School 4

Posted May 17, 2013
My daughter attended St. Francis for 9 years. She was thoroughly prepared for the academic rigors of high school. The school has a strong curriculum, in a very structured environment.

Posted January 08, 2013
This school is a mixed bag. If you get the right teacher, it can be a wonderful place. Unfortunately, most of the wonderful teachers are in the middle school. Many of the teachers (especially in the elementary school) are cruel and adhere to old-fashioned forms of discipline. For example, some teachers scream when they lose control of the classroom. Others over discipline. My then 6-year old child was disciplined almost daily with "minus five minutes of recess time" for thinks like crumpling up paper before throwing it into the trash bin instead of just throwing it "not crumpled" in the trash bin. After five years of promises that things will get better I sent my child to MLA. She reports that she "no longer watches the clock waiting for school to end." If I had to do it over again, I would have started my child in public school or MLA. I give parent involvement two-stars (below-average) b/c the parents are overly involved. I agree with the teacher in a recent post--the parents run the school and think that b/c they are financially well-off they can dictate educational programming. This is not my brand of Christianity. I believe more in an inclusive and kind environment.

Posted August 12, 2012
One star is too much for this school. The parents run the school, not the teachers/administrators.

Posted June 03, 2012
My children have attended St. Francis for the past 6 years after moving to Morgantown. They have received a superior education within a kind, loving, Christian environment. As they are approaching high school, they are well prepared. In addition to strong academics, my children have learned the values of service and leadership by teachers who have encouraged them to be their best in every way. I couldn't have made any better choice for a strong foundation through middle school.

Posted September 03, 2011
As the parent of a new kindergarten student, I love the creative approach being used to introduce new concepts. The kindness and compassion shown towards my child is comforting during this transition in our family. I am glad they have already introduced the concept of site words. The children of my friends in other local schools will not start that for months.

Posted September 03, 2011
The new administration has made some significant changes for the better. He has hired teachers with advanced degrees in education replacing older teachers who have not kept up with modern educational practices. He has eliminated the bullying towards new teachers by senior faculty. Overall many, many positive changes. The change in leadership has been very progressive.

St Francis De Sales Central Catholic School
41 Guthrie Ln, Morgantown, WV  26508
Last modified St Francis De Sales Central Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis De Sales Central Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top