Bad
Good

East Fairmont Middle School 4

Posted January 11, 2015
This school has changed a lot since that review their is a new principle a new school and its very nice education is excellent there sports teams do well they have a new gym and wrestling team is amazing with a great coach same with basketball football and cheer leading. Its a great school

Posted May 28, 2014
This principal is so rude! I hate my child being here and am so glad high school is beginning next year. She acts like a know it all and is rude to everyone except the few teachers and parents that she likes. I know so many who feel the same way but won't say it out loud.

Posted April 16, 2009
I love this school. I would not want to go to any other middle school in the county. Yea theres some fights, but there is always a going to be a small group of bad kids who start trouble in any school, and i don't think it's fair for just a few kids to give the whole school a bad reputation. The teachers here are amazing! So is the principle. What i love about this school is that they don't put a ton of pressure on you, and without all of that you can get much better grades. It's big too, so we are never too crowded, either. There are also some fun classes other than your core classes. Those are base (home ec.), tech ed., art, and music. But you don't take music if you are in band.The band is great. Visit their website at http://www.busybeeband.com/

Posted January 15, 2009
The social situation in this school is not a good environment to my opinion. The administration of this school is not sufficient for the types of problems they encounter. The teachers lack education on handling many social situations. I feel that the school treats students very discriminatory in most situations. However, there are a few teachers that are excellent. We are currently fighting to change this situation, but at this time we have received no help.

East Fairmont Middle School

Posted December 31, 2008
This school is doing an excellent job of working with all students. A high teacher turnover took place this year and for the most part it is an improvement. The new program of working with students not turning in homework is a god send to students and parents if they would take advantage of it. The principal really cares about students and is not afraid to tackle big issues. Many don't like it that she tells it like it is, but she expects everyone to give 110% all the time.

Posted October 18, 2007
It is falling apart. Students need a better school.

East Fairmont Middle School 4

Posted September 30, 2006
This is my second year attending EFJH. I enjoy the chorus class the most, but the conditions of the bathrooms have been very bad before, especially last year (05-06). There aren't as many extracurricular activities as I would like there to be. I really enjoy having Mrs. Miller as our principal this year so far though. -Joslyn

East Fairmont Middle School 3

Posted July 05, 2006
At EFJHS there is a lot of troublemakers. The school had to close bathrooms to repaint and put in new doors, and sinks. There is writing in the stalls too. Not very many parents are involved. The only extracirricular act. are sports.

Posted May 23, 2006
I have attended EFJHS for two years now.I really have loved attending this school. I will be sad when I leave EFJHS. THe students have more freedom here, a lot more than K-6 grades. Wen I first started I was really nervous, but everyone helped me find my classes. I'm very glad I went here than my other options for seventh and eighth grade.

Posted March 30, 2006
MY name is Jade,this is my first year at EFJHS and I absoulutley love it!People are nice friendly and the teachers are friendly also,but my favorite part is just having a school that suceeds.We certainly try are best at everything we do.We have had students win the Social Studies Fair and Math Feild day,and are athletic have went undefeated before.All I half to say is that this school is the best school I would pick to enroll my students in.

East Fairmont Middle School
221 Mason Street, Rairmont, WV  26554
Last modified East Fairmont Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.