South Charleston, WV

Posted September 07, 2012
This is my 4th year at Ruthlawn Elementary. I am a very involved parent and have always felt welcomed. The school has a small-community atmosphere and my kids are very happy there! There is a high importance placed on academic achievement and I would recommend this school!

Ruthlawn Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2012
Not impressed with this school at all. No one ever checks your ID when picking up your child or even asks who you are. Also my childs teacher uses inapporiate language all the time during class we will transferring schools next year.

Ruthlawn Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2010
my grandson did great his first 2 years, then his 3 year he started not wanting to go to school, crying wanting us to walk to the class room with him, and that did not go over with the school, they would meet us at the door and drag him down the hall to his class room he would try to hold on to me crying wanting me to walk him to his class room. I talked to his Dr. he said he did not understand why we could not walk him to his class room and gave me a written not saying so. and my lawyer all so. and I do not like how some of the children are treated at that school. thank you for letting me do a review :)

Posted May 16, 2010
This is a school whose philosophy is to care for the whole child. Many wonderful opportunities are available for the students to excel, through using the modality in which the child can learn better, opportunities available at no other school in the county (such as a Science Technology program), and with an emphasis on a worldwide, global connections. Our school community is diverse in its heritage, socio-economic levels, and in having high expectations. It's been a WV Exemplary School since 2008, an honor that includes only the top 10% of the schools in the state and must be earned yearly. The school, which involves the students, the staff, and the community at large, expects the best.

Ruthlawn Elementary School 0

Posted February 28, 2010
This school is nothing like it used to be. I no longer feel my child is safe in this school and the atmosphere is toxic!

Ruthlawn Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2010
this school lacks in more than one way. Ive had to quit my job due to the fact they cant make arrangements for my adhd son. Kicking him in and out of school, they see him as being bad rather than having adhd (at 5, so young) I am now on standby 24/7 beside the phone waiting for the words come get him, the days they send him home, are held against his otherwise good attendance :( Very Unsatisfied.

Posted August 09, 2009

Posted December 15, 2008

Posted March 25, 2006
We absolutely love Ruthlawn! My daughter started second grade at Ruthlawn in the fall of 2004-2005 and we are very pleased. She is getting a wonderful education and is doing very well academically. The principal, Mrs. Laliberty, and all the teachers do a fantastic job. She has had a very good experience both years and has had excellent teachers. There are also alot of wonderful parent volunteers. The new computer lab is fantastic, and my daughter loves it! We are so lucky to have found a school as wonderful as Ruthlawn. She is learning far more than what can be taught from a book, and we are thankful for that. Crystal Ramsey

Posted February 19, 2006
Our son attended Kindergarten at Ruthlawn Elementary during the 2004-2005 school year and had an outstanding experience in Mrs. Meadows class. We moved him to the school in October 2004 after an unpleasant experience at another school. Everyone at the school was warm, caring and very supportive and as a result he was able to transition almost seamlessly into the school and have a positive experience the remainder of the school year. We have since moved from the area due to job relocation and unfortunately have not found the same to be the case with his new school. We can t say enough about staff at Ruthlawn...they really care about the kids.

Ruthlawn Elementary School
Rt 8 Box 428, South Charleston, WV  25309
Last modified Ruthlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruthlawn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top