St. Albans, WV

Posted November 25, 2014
This school has made remarkable improvements in the 3 years we have been in the area. I had concerns in the beginning as many do coming into a new school . Test scores have improved by leaps and bounds, overall attitude of students has improved. This is impressive considering that it is in an area where drug use is a large problem as it is in many areas of the state. The teachers and other faculty do an amazing job with the resources at hand. My kids grades are the best I have seen even before moving from an out of state school that had excellent credentials. Keep up the good work ! Go Hayes !

Hayes Middle School 4

Posted February 24, 2014
Hayes Middle School is an outstanding middle school that centers on student achievement. Currently Hayes is in the top third of middle schools in the state and the number three school in the county. Our child has had a wonderful experience there in his classes. He has loved band and other school activities. As any other school, you re not going to love every educator your child encounters. My husband and I are extremely happy with 90% of them. The counselor is very warm and friendly and will help you in any way she can. The administrative staff has also been very cooperative and helpful. If you are in Saint Albans, and are questioning sending your child to the sixth grade at Hayes, don t. They are all very hardworking caring teachers who want the best for your child.

Posted May 08, 2011
I have read the reviews about our school and can not say that there are not cases of fighting and bulling reported. The teachers try as hard as they can to be in the hallways when students are changing classes but we can not follow the kids everywhere as they move through the building. Many of our students are disrespectful to each other and rude when talking to adults. There is alack of motivation to complete work among some of the students. As hard as teachers try to help students and try to teach meaningful material, we can't "MAKE" them so their work if they choose not to. Low scores should be the first indication your child is having problems. Use of Edline is a must for both students and parents. Emails are for the teachers are at the bottom of each class page. Conferences are held daily at teacher planning periods. If you have suggestions to improve this school feel free to join the LSIC Local School Improvement Council. We would love to have a school without behavior problems but we aren't raising kids who are disresting everyone, we do our best with the kids that walk in the door.

Hayes Middle School 1

Posted March 02, 2011
If I could afford private school, my children would never attend this school. There is constant bullying and the counselor takes up for the bullies. I'm very dissatisfied with this school. My children were very well mannered and had excellent behavior before attending here, but after one short year, of being bullied and put down by certain teachers they have had problems with bullying themselves. I wish something could change about this school. It stinks the second you come into the main building. I had countless teachers tell me that they would never let their children attend here and now I see why.

Hayes Middle School 3

Posted February 22, 2011
This school is okay other than the constant fighting problem especially among 6th grade girls. I don't specifically know of anything to help with this problem other than stricter policy. I think children should be able to defend theirself when another student is hitting them, and they should be able to do so without being punished. The person starting the fight should be suspended for a week and not be allowed to make up missed work. When they receive an F for classwork and tests, then maybe they will get the message. Alot of times, the trouble makers are aloud to return over and over again, even after starting 3 or more fights.

Posted May 01, 2010
I have a son attending Hayes middle school and another that attended Hayes Middle School, and I must say I was nervous about sending my children to this school due to the attitude of the public towards this school. However, I am so thrilled that I decided to give Hayes a try. My first son did extremely well at Hayes. He is now at St. Albans High taking all honors classes and making straight As. He scored distinguished or above mastery on the Westest every year since sixth grade. The staff and administration at Hayes are constantly looking for ways to improve the school. The educators at this school truly care about their students and place the students' needs first. Of course, there are a handful of disgruntled parents (usualyy of students refusing to comply to school rules), but on the whole the students, parents, and community love this school.

Posted October 01, 2009
its an excellent school and very high and neat this would be my first choice and the teachers are wonderfull and understanding and all the food is awsome u or ur kid would be lucky to get in and thats not just coming from me its coming from 29 paerents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hayes Middle School 1

Posted February 25, 2009

Posted January 08, 2009
Hayes is a great place to work. We are like a family and everyone cares deeply about the students and each other. The principal and vice principal are a joy to work for!

Hayes Middle School 0

Posted December 30, 2008
Hayes Middle School is a great school! The teachers are great and give indiviual attention to everyone of the students this yr. the 6th grade is in one team wich i think is great! Because it gives the students different teachers to work with and they i think pay attention better! My daughter is attending Hayes in the six grade this year. Also my sister is a 7th grade reading teacher and loves heyes, evan though it has its ups and downs Hayes is over all a great school!

Hayes Middle School
830 Strawberry Rd, St. Albans, WV  25177
Last modified Hayes Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hayes Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top