No rating

St Thomas More Elementary School

Private | PK-5

Living in Appleton

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $106,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $600.

Posted December 30, 2011

Amazing school!!! Started in our local public schools and switched to St. Thomas More this year. It feels like my children are at an extension of my home with all the adults around them supporting them and encouraging them to be and do their best each day!

Posted December 8, 2011

I originally started sending my little ones to STM for three-year old preschool and locally it was the best option. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with the school the way I did and end up sending both of them through gradeschool there. Currently mine are still pretty young, first grade and 4-yr old prek, but that makes it my daughter's fourth year and my son's second. The teachers exceed all expectations, they really seem to love and nurture the kids, discipline is carried out with an exceptional grace that keeps order, but doesn't belittle. The community of families supporting their kids has been all out shocking (in a good way). The average kid has two supporters at nearly every event, conference, first day send off --from mom/grandma combinations to moms and dads together. There's a lot of warmth and a sense of community here that feels to me almost like what I'd imagine a small town 80 years ago to be like, without the old school judgements. Acutal level of education and personalized instruction, and awareness of where each child is at in their development seems high to me as well. If you want your little person to love school and be cared for there, I highly recommend.

Posted February 22, 2011

Our child is relatively bright and sensitive. His natural curiosity is being nurtured by caring teachers. He is challenged academically and appears to be performing well ahead of his grade level. The faculty seem to foster an environment where the children truly get along and are supportive of one another. The "reading buddy" program partners a 5th grade student with a kindergartner. It is inspiring to see how the younger students look up to the older and how the older students become comfortable and confident as leaders and nurturers. We are pleased that St. Thomas More has added a foreign language (Spanish) to the curriculum though I would like to see more attention here (perhaps classes are not frequent enough). We are delighted we chose St. Thomas More.

Posted May 6, 2010

We absolutely love our extended family community that we have at St. Thomas More. The staff are exceptional. They are dedicated to ensuring your child is learning and even surpassing grade level expectations. MR. Callan is fantastic at handling situations with the students as well. He is very compassionate and understanding. St. Thomas More is a welcoming community and we are so grateful for it.

Posted February 5, 2010

Extremely upsetting..Especially how things are handled disciplinary wise. The principal seems to work against those who come into the school later in the elementary taking sides of the children who have been there all their school years.

Posted January 15, 2009

I am unpset to see that this school has not kept up with other catholic schools in the area. Many parents have acknowledged this and either moved to the public school or another private school, St. Pius. One of its biggest problems is the principal. If you do not expect excellence from your teachers and therefore your students you will never achieve it.

Posted March 13, 2008

We love STM! Fantastic environment, excellent academics, really nice kids.

Posted August 26, 2007

I have had a very positive experience with this school. Academically, my children are almost a full grade level ahead of their peers in public school. Small class size contributes to the individual attention. While tuition rises, the investment in our children is worth the price. I'll gladly forego a lake house or cottage for the quality education that my children are receiving. Combined classrooms are a good thing for many children who are older in a class. The curriculum is for the higher grade and is very challenging for lower grade children in these classes and ultimately gives them an advantage against their public school peers. Teachers of combined grades are Excellent in every way and are experienced enough to handle this model classroom. This is an excellent school.

Posted July 20, 2007

I would not recommend this school. Tuition continues to increase at a high rate. Grade levels are being combined and teachers are leaving. We were extremely disappointed by the principal's handling of bullying/harassment on the playground.

Posted August 28, 2005

St. Thomas More elementary school provides a phenomenal education. Being an educator myself, I know the importance of a well-rounded education. This school not only provides that, but goes beyond by providing a well disciplined atmosphere in a christian environment. My children are well above that of the public schools. I am confident, without a doubt, that they are receiving one of the best educations available in this area.

White, not Hispanic 94% 74%
Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%
Black, not Hispanic 1% 10%
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander 1% 0%
American Indian/Alaskan Native 0% 1%
Asian N/A 4%
Multiracial 0% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (920) 739-2376

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Green Bay