Appleton, WI
Students enrolled: 1,295

East High School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
I was very unsatisfied with how the administrators at Appleton East High School handled student bullying cases. My son was intimidated, name called, swore at, and taut by the other student to the point where both my son and the other student hit each other inside the lunch room. In the end, my son and the other student whom was involved got suspended for 3 days and the Vice Principle threatened my son that next time they will call the police. My question to the Vice Principle was if I'm a bully who doesn't want to go to school then I target a student and bully him, get into a fight then get suspended then no school for me isn't that right? The Vice Principle never agreed with my point and I didn't think he got it. Good students like my son did not deserve what he got. After how disappointed I was with EHS, I moved my son to a better managed, caring for students' well being, and better school system. My son graduated and went on to a 4 year college. If my son was still residing at EHS he may never graduate because of the stress, mental instability, low self esteem, and pressure that bullies and administrators put my son through; that would be any parents' nightmare for life.

East High School 2

Posted November 11, 2011
The problem we have had is that my son is enrolled in the charter school at East High School (Tesla Engineering). He loves the classes and the staff at Tesla and they are wonderful! The downside is the classes he has to take at East High School. His Spanish teacher was a nightmare last year. This year he was pulled from the AP Biology class to be stuck in a basic Chemistry class without any notification to the student or the parents. He is bored since this is all review for him. They actually churned butter as a high school chemistry experiment! Sad when my son has always loved math and science.

Posted September 25, 2009
Fantastic school. Our daughter attended there all four years and our son a year and a half before we moved out of state. Teachers are wonderful. Great parent involvement. Excellent sports and arts programs. Wish we could move back!

Posted November 03, 2007
We sent our son to public school in 9th grade from private schools and was told how wonderful East High was. Our expectations have been exceeded as we cannot say enough about the teachers, principal, office personnel and the wonderful guidance counselors. EAST ROCKS!! Thank you all for a job well done.

Posted May 10, 2007
- a staff

East High School 4

Posted December 15, 2006

Posted January 17, 2005
My daughters go to East and I believe they have found the best education that a public high school can provide. I used to send them to a private school, but switched them to East when the tuition got to be too much to handle. I expected alot from the school, and all my expectations were met. They have to opportunity to take AP courses and have different varieties of classes. The theater department is wonderful, the scool is lucky to have such dedicated directors. The speech team is also very successful, and I'm glad that my girls can be involved with that program. I'm very happy with my decision to send them to East, and I know my girls are too.

East High School
2121 Emmers Dr, Appleton, WI  54915
Last modified East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top