Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We have two children that currently attend Franklin. Our oldest has attended for four years now, and our youngest, two. We've had nothing but good luck with Franklin. Their staff is ALWAYS great. Contrary to previous reviews, they DO care about the children there, and they always go out of their way to show it. Their Anti-Bullying campaign is amazing, they have won several awards for School of Excellence, etc... One of our children has had difficulty paying attention in class, like a lot of kids. Instead of just brushing it off, her teacher has worked with us, and we've brainstormed TOGETHER to improve her ability to pay attention in class. I'm honestly a bit disappointed at some previous reviews, as I truly don't feel that the majority of parents feel that way about Franklin. The secretary is VERY good with knowing where the kids are, and as long as the kids have clear instructions on what to do after school, there will be no issues. Some of the reviews, to me, sound more like a mis-communication on the parents part, and not on the school. As for the principal, she is great also. She's always friendly, and we've never had even the slightest bit of trouble. We don't live in the Franklin district yet, make it a point to keep our kids in that school because of the staff, and how caring they truly are. Their after-school program through the YMCA is also amazing. The head teacher there is truly great.

Develops character: Strongly agree

It's a great school overall, and they have a great anti-bullying campaign. They have events all of the time, and their staff truly care about their kids.

My daughter has been going to this school for 3 years. Her first year, when she was in kinder garden I got a call from the school telling me they couldn't find her (her dad was there to pick her up and apparently no one knew where my 5 year old kid was). I panicked and rushed to the school. An hour later she was found walking to a friend's house. When I tried to get an answer from the school about the incident, they told me that they couldn't possibly keep track of every kid in the school because they had so many. Instead of an apology and a course of action to fix the problem , I got excuses from the school's principal.

Not pleased at all about Franklin elementary! Some staff are nice and helpful but they left. Most of the staff there can careless about issues that occur.

Since the arrival of the new principal 3 years ago, this school has gone from a great school to bottom of the heap. All of the teachers in the school who made it great have left under the new principal's leadership. The current teachers and principal will take your side, as long as you are a parent that just agrees with everything, goes along with her plan, and doesn't rock the boat, even in the slightest. If you do rock the boat, your child is in for a tough ride. We pulled our kids once, but elected to give it another try. That was a mistake on our part. They have been pulled out of that school again. My kids are not discipline cases. We are pro-teacher. But since we have questioned things, it has become difficult for our kids. You would be doing yourself a favor by staying away from this school until different leadership is found.

Great teachers, staff, and administration. The place runs like a clock!!!

Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.