Beloit, WI

Posted July 22, 2014
Both of my daughters went to Todd. I was active as a parent, and found that the teachers were engaged in the art of teaching to a high level. Between the two of my girls, they had 10 different teachers. I only found one of those ten to be sub-standard, and she is now retired. They have a caring staff, and a good PTO with active parents.

Todd Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2014
I've truly tried to take pride in the School District of Beloit - I'm involved with my children's education, I attend school functions, and volunteer when I can - but I'm extremely disappointed with the administration and apparent lack of planning in order to best serve our kids. New construction has provided more space for the growing student body, but at the expense of providing a conducive learning environment for an entire semester. Classes were doubled up and meals served & eaten in the hallways. Drop off/pick up is unbelievably chaotic due to the absurd "no busing if residence is within 2 miles" rule...for elementary children! Kids are not allowed to talk during lunchtime and if they have outdoor recess, the kids have to dress in their winter gear while they eat lunch. If they have indoor recess, the kids are made to watch cartoons, movie clips, or TV shows! School is the last place I expected my child to be "babysat" by TV! The classroom teachers are under pressure to fill every second of the schoolday in order to meet instructional and assessment requirements. The ones I've observed do their best to tend to students individually, but "there just isn't enough time."

Posted February 16, 2014
We could not be happier with the education our daughter is receiving at Todd. Great teachers, great staff, great students, active families, brand new facilities and a very responsive administration that does not fear change of the status quo. Go Timberwolves!

Todd Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2013
My son went to school here for his Kindergarten school year, I wasn't impressed with his teachers, we didn't see eye to eye. My niece also went to the same school and had a teacher that was top notch and really helped with her learning style, where I felt my son didn't that from his teachers. However the rest of the staff that I interacted with was top notch and very helpful., they always were willing to listen to me and my son about things. Todd along with several other schools in the Beloit Public School system are going under improvements and I am excited to see what that means for the schools. My son has learned a lot just as I said his teachers and I didn't get along

Posted October 28, 2012
I was a 6th grade teacher with George Kolak in the 60's and enjoyed everyday of the experience. Arnie Lee was the principal.

Posted March 07, 2010
My son attended Todd school in kindergarden and 1st grade, during which he was diagnosted with ADHD and an autistic spectrum disorder. The school has been phenominal and done everything possible to make his education experience successful and fun. His 1st grade teacher was especially wonderful, but the entire staff is top-notch. My only regret in moving from the area is that my son, and my other children, will not be able to finish their elementary schooling at Todd.

Posted December 15, 2008

Todd Elementary School
1621 Oakwood Ave, Beloit, WI  53511
Last modified Todd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Todd Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top