Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son goes to kindergarten here and he loves it. They get 2 recesses every day, music and art every week, and use iPads to help teach math - which has been very effective for my son. The PTO puts on great events. Communication via e-mail has been very good and the use of Shutterfly to share events and photos is really cool. Great facility and great people.

Amount of homework: Agree

My son was in kindergarten and was supposed to read a book each day. There were occasional math assignments, averaged about 1/2wks. And suggested of 15 minutes each day on a math App on the iPad.

I have 4 children attending Dixon Elementary and I couldn't be happier. I feel it is the best school around. From our Principal to the Teachers and Support Staff to the Parent Volunteers and Students. The school is run so smooth and organized. The teachers are amazing. I have not had one bad experience. Being a parent volunteer myself, I get to experience first hand the teaching and rapport with the teachers and students and it's incredible. Thank you to our wonderful Principal and Amazing teachers for all you do for our children. There's nothing like Dixon anywhere!!! My children LOVE going to school!!!

The teachers and staff are engaged and always seem to go the extra mile. There is a happy and positive attitude in the school.

Provides excellent academic opportunities in a friendly, community oriented atmosphere. I feel my children are encouraged and cared for, and that my input genuinely means something. I attended Dixon when I was a child, and have been an educator myself now for the past 14 years, when my own children became school age, my husband and I changed our circumstances specifically so they could attend this school. We've never once regretted the decision.

We have 2 children at Dixon and could not be happier with everything at this school. We looked into a private school before deciding on dixon. We were so impressed with the academics and all of the art, music and extra-curricular opportunities at Dixon. They surpassed every expectation we had and was a far better choice than the private school we were looking into. We are so lucky to have this great school for our children!

My daughter has been going to Dixon for three years. Each teacher she's had has made it a priority to encourage her to be herself and works with her to be the best person she can be. The faculty and staff truly care about each child and helping them succeed. The PTO is made up of passionate parents that want the best for not only their child but every child in the school. It's focus on the Arts is another reason Dixon is such a great school. From the way music and art are integrated into the curriculum to the partnership with the Milwaukee Symphony, each student gets a more complete education.

I have 2 young men attending this school and having an excellent experience. Like any school, our involvement with our children and candid discussions with the staff have helped keep everyone focused on the same goal: a fun and challenging learning experience.

This is first for my daughter with Dixon. We really loved this school standards and Ms. Leahy (her class teacher).My daughter improved in her reading alot. I highly recommend this school for anyone. school standards are close to Montessori standards.

This is our third year at Dixon. We love it. We have been thoroughly impressed and delighted with the school, the staff, our children's experiences and so on. I am an educator myself and have taught in other states, I have never seen a public school of this caliber. I am a little confused about the rating changes, it must all be based on test scores? Dixon has been a 10 for the past few years. I was surprised to see an 8. All of the groups we have been involved with at the school are absolutely top notch and there are many, PTO, orchestra, chorus, gifted and talented program, speech therapy program, room mom. The music and art teachers are phenomenal, the school nurse is wonderful, the library is fantastic. I am a careful parent, I do my research, I always have my eyes and ears open, I am in contact with my children's teachers regularly and volunteer at the school whenever I can. I am well informed about how Dixon works and I can tell you that this is truly an outstanding school. Education is one of the most important things to us as a family and we feel blessed to be able to send our kids to this school.

Last modified Dixon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.