PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teachers have a huge case of favoritism and unfortunately my child is not one of them and it vastly shows. She comes home at night crying because she is persistent that her teacher hates her (which I have to say based on what she has told me I agree). If you are not super involved in the church, donations, money, etc, I feel as though you are shunned and your children are treated a lot differently than others. The things I've had happen to my daughter (elementary) this year means that as soon as I can move somewhere to send our kids to public schools I will. I love what they teach about the Bible and the values they teach, but it is not okay when they aren't role modeling those very same behaviors and values. Incredibly disappointed and at this point, unless you want to commit yourself to helping with the church and the school, I would most definitely NOT recommend it here. Not at all. On an unrelated side note, we also had one daughter enrolled in the early education ("daycare") program. I can't say enough about those teachers. They are simply amazing and love my girls no matter who they or their parents are.

I have two daughters that attend CLS. The academics taught at the school are excellent. CLS also offers pretty much the same courses and sports as a public school. I would recommend CLS.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely. My child left her snow gear bag by the entrance of the school. This bag had her snow pants, her hat, her gloves, and her snow boots in the bag. It was a clear plastic bag with all the contents visible and the total contents' estimated value was at least $100.00. When we arrived to school the next day, the bag was still sitting on the bench where she left. I was amazed. This situation proved to me that the students at Christian Life School are honest, trustworthy, and respectful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very good with correcting children and building them up at the same time. Teachers do not destroy kids' hearts with punitive and damaging harshness. Instead, they are calm and encouraging. My oldest daughter can be a little sensitive; however, the teachers recognize this tendency in her and show her love while also correcting her.

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter in K-4 has "recommended" activities in her fun folder that take less than 5 minutes to complete. She enjoys doing them and showing the teacher the next day. My daughter in first grade has daily homework that takes her less than 10-15 minutes to complete. The spelling sheets and worksheets are fun with pictures and silly phrases.

Christian Life School in Kenosha, WI is an amazing school with quality teachers who really care about their students. Both my daughters have gone through the Early Education program and my oldest daughter is completing first grade in the elementary school. I love that the curriculum of Christian Life School incorporates a nondenominational interactive faith-based education. The curriculum is ahead of the public school system by one year which means that the students at Christian Life are being challenged and receiving learning opportunities at an advanced schedule. I truly believe this is successful because the class sizes are small, very personal, and very encouraging. My daughter in K4 has a class size of 9-14 students because not all students come daily and my first grader has a class size of 19 students. I love that the students go on field trips like the Milwaukee Zoo, Appleholler, a farm in Greenfield, a Pinocchio play, and more. Every day, the school principals and school administrator greet the children and parents... and they know each child and parent by name! Christian Life School offers a variety of sports and fine arts options for all ages which helps to develop well-rounded students who mature with a variety of experiences. In addition, one of my favorite programs is the "Buddy Program" where an older student is paired with a younger student. I believe that this is crucial to preventing bullying because when older students know the "little kids," they are involved with them and protect them as if they are their little brother or sister. Christian Life School is a phenomenal school that inspires children and encourages them to mature responsibly and lovingly.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are effective as teachers, role models and mentors who care abut the students and human beings whom they can influence for the better

Amount of homework: Agree

The students master the material with the amount of homework give. What more could be asked?

Develops character: Agree

I believe they make every effort to develop these traits. But in the end character cannot be outsourced to an academic institution -- this should be kept in mind when this issue is considered.

The GPA for this school says it all. Teachers care about the students and employ creative strategies and techniques to drive learning. Over the last 9 years, I have found both teaching staff and administration to be collaborative and engaged with us as parents. Class sizes also tend to be smaller, which accounts for some of the results. The extra curricular activities are strong and growing as well. Highly recommend this school

Last modified Christian Life School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12