PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not tolerated. However, when situations do arise, the administration works hard to take a Biblical approach to discipline, including forgiveness.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The leaders are clearly presented, as well as respected by the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Extremely effective! I was equipped with knowledge and skills that I was able to take with me into college, as well as jobs and internships.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I was rarely overwhelmed due to amount of homework, but was also given a healthy amount based off of expectations when attending college. Teachers are more than willing to come in early, stay late, or work through their lunches in order to help students succeed.

As an alumni, I can confidently say that my time at CLS was one of the biggest blessings I could have asked for. I will soon be graduating from a 4-year college that is known to be academically rigorous, and I would not have been able to manage the stress if not for CLS. I was prepared academically, spiritually, and socially for college, a time that can be incredibly overwhelming for young adults if they are not ready. The teachers at CLS care for students not only academically, but also as people and as Followers of Christ. I left CLS with a strong spiritual foundation, one that I am confident I would not have developed if I were to have attended school elsewhere. I would highly recommend CLS to any and all families.

Teachers have a huge case of favoritism and unfortunately my child is not one of them and it vastly shows. She comes home at night crying because she is persistent that her teacher hates her (which I have to say based on what she has told me I agree). If you are not super involved in the church, donations, money, etc, I feel as though you are shunned and your children are treated a lot differently than others. The things I've had happen to my daughter (elementary) this year means that as soon as I can move somewhere to send our kids to public schools I will. I love what they teach about the Bible and the values they teach, but it is not okay when they aren't role modeling those very same behaviors and values. Incredibly disappointed and at this point, unless you want to commit yourself to helping with the church and the school, I would most definitely NOT recommend it here. Not at all. On an unrelated side note, we also had one daughter enrolled in the early education ("daycare") program. I can't say enough about those teachers. They are simply amazing and love my girls no matter who they or their parents are.

I have two daughters that attend CLS. The academics taught at the school are excellent. CLS also offers pretty much the same courses and sports as a public school. I would recommend CLS.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely. My child left her snow gear bag by the entrance of the school. This bag had her snow pants, her hat, her gloves, and her snow boots in the bag. It was a clear plastic bag with all the contents visible and the total contents' estimated value was at least $100.00. When we arrived to school the next day, the bag was still sitting on the bench where she left. I was amazed. This situation proved to me that the students at Christian Life School are honest, trustworthy, and respectful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very good with correcting children and building them up at the same time. Teachers do not destroy kids' hearts with punitive and damaging harshness. Instead, they are calm and encouraging. My oldest daughter can be a little sensitive; however, the teachers recognize this tendency in her and show her love while also correcting her.

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter in K-4 has "recommended" activities in her fun folder that take less than 5 minutes to complete. She enjoys doing them and showing the teacher the next day. My daughter in first grade has daily homework that takes her less than 10-15 minutes to complete. The spelling sheets and worksheets are fun with pictures and silly phrases.

Last modified Christian Life School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12