Kenosha, WI

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
CLS' mission trips, Veteran's day ceremony, and weekly chapels all reinforce a Christ-centered compassion in its students.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 23, 2015
For elementary students, the homework given was minimal. We expected more given the academic focus of CLS. But they use their class time efficiently, allowing time for kids to be kids outside of school - sports, church activities, etc.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
My child has never felt bullied or isolated in the 2 years he has been at CLS. He has friends of different races and economic statuses. Respect of adults is normative, and respect for our country is emphasized.

Posted July 23, 2015
CLS is an excellent, Christ-centered school that teaches on mission. They are closely linked to the purposes of Journey Church, which cares about impacting the world for Christ. CLS is led by an excellent administrator and committed staff. The staff truly go over and above to invest personally in the development of the students. After two years here, we have been incredibly pleased with CLS, and we are enrolling our second child in this next year.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 23, 2015
The teachers are very good at CLS. They adapt their teaching style to meet the needs of individual students. Our son is an advanced learner, and both of his teachers have made accommodations to promote his development without sacrificing their attention from the rest of the class.

Posted December 09, 2014
We moved our children to CLS 3 years ago and couldn't be happier with our decision. I have read some of the other negative reviews and have not seen any sign of bullying, or un-attentive teachers. In fact, when my child was struggling with spelling his first year at CLS and the teacher asked if he could stay for a bit after school because she would like to reteach the lesson to my son. She explained to him that she didn't care about the grade on the test, but that he understood and soaked in what he is learning. This is something I had never received at our previous school. This school is Christ centered... love!! The curriculum is challenging and I have found the principal to have an open door and ear. I have also seen my 10 year old daughter come to life in this school. She went from a quiet shy girl who wouldn't raise her hand to answer a simple math question, to a confident young lady that stands in front of her class proud to give her oral report. I could go on and on about CLS, but too much to post. Worth every penny, and believe me this does not come easy to our family, but I believe in this school and the education my children are getting.

Posted October 04, 2014
Awesome school! Would recommend to any parent or student. Between the Christ-centered curriculum and wonderful one-on-one attention the teachers give the students, there is nothing comparable in the area. My daughter is excelling in every subject here! Can't say enough good things about this school. We are here to stay.

Posted June 13, 2014
Christian Life school has been an excellent experience for my children. I have two recent graduates, both were accepted early decision into top 100 colleges, took numerous AP courses, and had excellent academics. Sure, a big public school offers more AP classes, but how many can you actually take, and more importanly, top colleges will only accept so many credits. The quality of the families and students my kids associated with was outstanding, the attention to the overall well being of the child is unparalleled. At the end of the day, the overall child is such an important part of who they are. Christian Life is doing so much right!

Christian Life School 1

Posted February 13, 2014
For the very high price of tuition, I would expect top notch. A teacher's job is to teach, not to be on the computer all day. We could home school our kids if all we wanted was to monitor them while they went over things themselves. We pay for the teachers to actually teach, and it was a huge let down to realize we wasted our money. Tip for teachers: having a student read the new material is NOT teaching.
2 people found this helpful

Christian Life School 2

Posted January 26, 2014
I am a former Christian life student, I had a great social experience but academically, I feel as if I was deprived from receiving that "top quality education". They pride them selves on the fact they are a college preparatory school but the fact of the Matter is they are not even capable of teaching children who excell academically . Many of the teachers have not received a degree in the subjects they teach. There quality of teaching is at the lower end, not capable of discpling, teaching, or communicating with the students in a proper mannor. The administration and staff get very involved in the students life to a very uncomtarble point, making it a very awkward situations for both the student and family.

10700 75th Street, Kenosha, WI  53142
Last modified Christian Life School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Christian Life School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top