Middleton High School 4

Posted June 13, 2014
To respond to the out of date Middleton High school may have a few problems and the administration might be one of them however I would say to those who say it isn't culturally diverse you are quite wrong. We not only have staff and administration of all different ethnicities (literally all the way around the world), but we also have a very strong LGBT group so you really don't get more diverse. The ratio of white to African- Americans may not be the best but there are definitely plenty of "diverse people". what ever that means anymore. We as students are not racist. It's been like 20 years since that was over so we need to move on. It shouldn't matter if your white kid has no other white kids to hang out with or vise versa. They are all the same. As for the administration issue. Dr Hermann which, yes does seem to be a problem, has decided to move to California where she plans on making a lot more to do the same job. We will be finding out who the new principle is in just a few weeks. You will find that there is also an amazing sports and arts program at the school as well. There are around 4 to 5 plays and musicals every year in the infamous PAC where hundreds may come to enjoy.

Posted October 03, 2013
I was a student at Middleton High School and have siblings that also attended. I could not have asked for more passionate and supportive teachers or a better academic program. I took mostly honors classes and was very well prepared for college. Also, there is a lot of school spirit and I had fun in my four years there. One of my siblings was in their special needs program. From my experience, parent involvement and communication with special education teachers is important to make sure everyone is seeing eye-to-eye. However, it is one of the best programs available and Wisconsin is known to provide exceptional support to special needs families. Overall, Middleton is a great high school and getting an education there is a fantastic opportunity.

Middleton High School 1

Posted July 08, 2013
I was totally disappointed in MHS. The principal doesn't listen to parents or students and staff are afraid of her. Block scheduling was a disaster and the new group math program is a mess. There were some good teachers but if your child had a bad teacher you were just out of luck. There is no accountability of the teachers or the administration. They harass students for breaking minor rules and threaten seniors the entire year that if they don't follow the rules they will not walk. There is no reinforcement of positive behavior. Both my kids hated this school. The music and arts programs were a solid 5 stars and helped my kids survive, so there were some real strengths as well.

Middleton High School 2

Posted June 02, 2013
The school, teacher, and environment is nice. However, the principal, Dr. Hermann, is an autocratic. She disregards all parents' and students' feedback and has changed the daily school schedule three times in four years without the approval of any of the parents or students. The staff are afraid to speak out and the principal impolitely brushes off parents and their concerns. I think the school is great but it needs a new, charismatic, accessible principal. I did make my concerns about the scheduling changes apparent to her and her administration but I was unduly ignored.

Middleton High School 3

Posted May 05, 2013
My school is not very culturally diverse. While there are some people who are not white, minorities ( anyone not white) make up about 10% of the whole school population at the most. I do however like how there are many good teachers who will be there for you when you need them, and who are always willing to help. Our school could improve by not always slacking in administration and also by not being so unavailable to students half the time.

Posted October 24, 2011
I love Middleton High School! I always feel supported. We recently switched to block scheduling. I actually like it! I didn't think I would. It gives me a chance to become more personal with my teachers and they can get more done in a lesson plan. The only complaints that I would have are that the lunch is WAY too short and sometimes there is a lot of homework. Other than that, I love it! But we have great academics, athletics, arts and music departments! Our drama department is exceptional. Our student council is filled with outstanding leaders. We have SO much school spirit! I can't imagine going anywhere else. This is a GREAT school to go to if you wish to have a positive high school experience.

Posted November 25, 2010
Great school for white students! I can't speak for the other side. All I know is that when I went there not too long ago, there were less than a dozen African-Americans students in the whole school, and there were no colored teachers or administrators. The Madison area in general is fairly racist (not diverse), so sadly I don't see this being viewed as an issue (or noticed at all) by most in the community. Btw, I am white and have no learning disabilities.

Middleton High School 2

Posted November 12, 2009
Repeated attempts to get my son who has a chronic illness the support he needs went unattended until I contacted the district. Should I have to work that hard? I was contacting the right people at MHS per the district, they just didn't respond. There are some great teachers, but a lot of teachers who are waiting out their time until they get their good retirement package. And, the administration seems to have no control over the system that is MHS or the teachers; there is very little accountability. Very slow to react on everyone's part.

Middleton High School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Middleton High School deserves 0 stars for special education programming. The staff are unresponsive to communication with parents, they don't understand (& seem not to care) about recognizing special education needs & how they manifest in students who are truly in need of extra care. It appears to be through the formal DPI grievance system that they are only minimally responsive to significant concerns. While Middleton HS may boast about their ratings for mainstream students, those students are seemingly unaware of how their school discriminates against their disabled peers.

Posted September 17, 2009
Middleton High School as an outstanding special education department which is doing great things for my grand daughter.

Middleton High School
2100 Bristol St, Middleton, WI  53562
Last modified Middleton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Middleton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top