Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We' ve been at Clement Ave for 8 years. It was the main reason we bought our house in the neighborhood 14 years ago. The staff, teachers and families are amazing. Clement is more than a school, it's a community that we feel privileged to be a part of. It takes a village to raise a child, and we are so happy and blessed that our Clement family is helping us raise our family!

The teachers and staff go above and beyond! My kids have always thrived year to year. There are so many activities and ways to be involved. This school is a Bay View gem!

Wonderful teachers...they give their "all". Highly involved and motivated. They expect the best from their students

We had originally picked a school for our son based on the test score ratings from this site and what a mistake that was. He was miserable there and the class size was HUGE (38 4 year olds!) We moved him to Clement Ave after a recommendation from a family member and we couldn't be happier! He loved his teacher last year and loves his teacher this year! We have felt so welcome at this school. The principal is very involved in the school and really pours his heart into making the school the best it can be. Our son has really thrived here, so grateful for this school family!

I have had my children enrolled in this school since 2010 when Miss Swick was the Principal. After she was promoted things were a little rocky, but we are on a path to success now with involved parents, an amazing staff, and a talented, invested Principal. Clement Avenue Students are reaching for the stars!!!!

Beware! I toured this building and from the moment I walked in there I did not feel welcomed. Every staff member looked like they were serving a life sentence. The students were disrespectful and loud. The part that made me the most upset is when I walked past staff members I overheard them talking about their own co-workers! I would not want someone like that teaching my child. I asked to speak to this so called principal and he claimed he did not have the time and that I would have to schedule a meeting. I enrolled my child in a private school down the street from there. Sad to say they seem to be so confident in there school but I found plenty of other great schools in the area. This is definitely not one of them!!!! Please look around before deciding on this place!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Lots of experienced teachers at this school. It's a great place to work, and attracts good teachers.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I feel that teachers at this school regard students' social development as going hand-in-hand with academics. Honesty is a value not just for students, but for staff as well.

I have a third grader and a first grader enrolled at Clement. Unfortunately, an inappropriate administrator was assigned to our school. Luckily, the staff and parents worked together and found a new professional, caring principal who is doing a great job letting our school family enjoy being a great neighborhood school again. Yes, this school had a serious problem. But we have proven that this is a school where we don't walk away from problems, we fix them! Come and see this school. We seem pretty ordinary, but if you look closely, you will see that is because this school provides the education that every kid should get.

We have a new principal this year, and so far things are sooooo much better than last year. He really seems to care and is willing to listen when the parents have concerns. I love the fact that they only give homework Mon-Thu so that your weekends are spent fighting with your kids over doing their homework, or doing the Sun night scramble. My kids have both loved all of their teachers so far.

Last modified Clement Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.