Milwaukee, WI

Clement Avenue School 2

Posted January 29, 2015
My child's education is suffering here. The teachers are wonderful, but because the principal is so negative, they are suffering. In turn, my child is suffering. This new principal is a BULLY, I can not say that any louder. This was such a positive school years ago, but it is going down hill very fast. I am looking for another school for my family next year. We will not be returning to Clement. I love the teachers, but they do not have a supportive leader. The principal is very shady, very negative and very unwelcoming. She is unapproachable and people are afraid of her. That is NOT a good environment. I haven't been at this school long, and I will not be here much longer. So sorry for the teachers and staff that have to put up with her.

Clement Avenue School 2

Posted January 22, 2015
What a sad turn this school has taken in the last two years. We've been a Clement family for 7 years, and I had always spoke highly of it to anyone who would listen - it was a shining jewel amongst MPS schools! This was, of course, due in no small part to it's amazing principal who led a team of exceptionally dedicated teachers. However, this all changed when a new principal was assigned. It's obvious to everyone that the lack of real leadership is causing dissonance amongst the staff, and suddenly no one really CARES like they used to. Behavior and academics are both suffering, and the environment has changed dramatically. We never thought we'd send our three children anywhere but Clement, from kindergarten through 8th grade... but the time has come to search for a new school that cares more about it's students.

Posted May 08, 2013
As a grandparent of two children (K4 and 3rd Grade), my experiences with this school have been very positive. They make the children feel special and involve the parents and grandparents. I recently attended a "Muffins for Mom" event and it was very warm, welcoming and well-attended. Each female (mom, grandma, etc.) received a flower on the way out. Way to go to instill appreciation and the pleasure of giving in the children. Kudos.

Posted August 07, 2012
Love Clement Avenue School. Great teachers, staff and principal. My son has been there since kindergarten. Glad he can go through eighth grade. Wonderful, safe, caring place for your children to learn.

Posted August 16, 2011
i love clement avenue school. my children started in kindergarten and two have graduated and went on to high school and i have 2 still attending. the staff is just awesome. all of my kids teachers have shown how much they are concerned about their education and push them to do their best. the activities and family program they have really make parents want to get involved in all areas of what clement have going on. i must say that the parents involvement is beautiful. i work at an mps school and we dont see half the parental involvent that is given here. since becoming a student at clement my children have had the opportunity to participate in track & field, forensics, acting in major plays and choreogragh one, aquire piano skills and brought out the artistic qualities in them. one of my children stayed on honor roll for 3 years and they still have high gpa's in middle school. they also teach the students how to become involved and be active in the community. i cant say enough about the principal whom i give top kudos to. i wish this school can become a high school because my children will graduating from here.

Posted July 23, 2011
the staff is very kind. the principle is really nice to all the kids and staff in the school. the teachers help you as much as they can. there is a big playground with equipment to play with. i like this school very much.

Posted October 21, 2010
Very polite, helpful staff. Teachers are great. After first day of school daughter came home and said she loved it!

Clement Avenue School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
Great teachers, principal and staff. Safe, clean environment.

Posted April 22, 2010
Great Principal and faculty and active PTO!

Clement Avenue School 0

Posted August 18, 2009
I really like the school and specially how they take care of the kids.

Clement Avenue School
3666 South Clement Avenue, Milwaukee, WI  53207
Last modified Clement Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clement Avenue School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top