Humboldt Park School 4

Posted December 17, 2012
very diverse, active in the students & families. Weekly parent letters/ emails.... Great school! My daughter loves it, as well as the staff. When your child is eager about "school" during middle school grades, must show this school is a plus!!!

Posted May 18, 2012
If I could add extra stars I would; the staff and climate at Humboldt Park K-8 has been the perfect start for my son's journey into public education. We could not be more pleased with the K-4 program. Mrs. Schemling is an amazing educator and the support staff and related arts instructors are just incredible.

Posted August 26, 2011
I am both a parent of a child entering first grade (that has attended HPS since K4) as well as a teacher there. I am extremely pleased with the education that my daughter is receiving. I have seen her grow academically and socially. The staff is highly motivated and our administration is constantly looking for ways to improve and stay up-to-date. I especially love that my child is able to be immersed in a diverse multicultural environment. HPS is more than a school. We care about our students, their families and the surrounding community. It is a great place to work and an amazing school.

Posted May 25, 2011
This is a great school that I recommend to all parents/guardians seeking a good environment for their child to learn in. The curriculum is challenging but not to hard, and the teachers provide a great support group. i am a 6th grader I most certainly am getting the best education that I could hope for here and I owe it mostly to my superb teachers. A great example of this is my math teacher gives us tests based on our performance in class. And twice a year we get this thing called a thinking adventure where we explain our thinking process on a specific problem. Aside from our academics, our physical education is wonderful as well. In my opinion this school is most definitely deserving of the five stars I gave it.

Posted February 27, 2011
They have a diverse mix of students at this school but they all have the resources to excel here. My child attended K-4 through 1st grade. Each class had 2 fully certified teachers through 3rd grade. He has a strong foundation for the years ahead. He may never ~ in all his life ~ find such wonderful teachers again.

Humboldt Park School 3

Posted July 16, 2010
I'm an Ex student from humboldt park, I loved it there. I attended Hunboldt since I was k4 thorugh 7th grade. This would've been my graduation yea, but I moved to a different school. Everyone is so nice at the school and are dedicated into teaching your students how to learn! Teachers are there to get the job done! I wouldn't recommend it for middle schoolers though, the school is to small and needs a lot more opportunities. I love how diverse the school is and how focused the teachers are about teaching children not only the subjects, but also ways of not being bullies, what to say, and the outside world too. The only thing I had a problem with was how the bullying was dealt with, nobody really solved it and it would continue to bigger cliques then before and it wouldn't get solved and I didn't feel safe.

Posted March 10, 2009
I have two boys attending Humboldt Park School and we love it. The staff is dedicated and caring. They encourage strong parental involvement. It is a Charter School focusing on Technology. The Direct Instruction curriculum is effective and well implemented. Technology is integrated into the curriculum whenever possible. There is a strong focus on Restorative Justice Principals and Love and Logic Techniques which has led to improved academic performance and improved student behavior. I am proud to say my children are receiving an excellent education and learning to become responsible members of our community at Humboldt Park School.

Posted January 28, 2009
I am a proud Humboldt Park parent. My kids have attended HPS for five years now and think of their peers, the staff, and other parents as their extended family. My children enjoy an engaging curriculum, nightly homework designed to reinforce skills and knowledge learned during the day, and great after school and family activities. When one of my twins started to struggle and fall behind his brother in reading, the school diagnosed the problem quickly and provided him with extra support and tutoring for a short period of time. That little extra support and attention got him back on track and increased his confidence. My twins are treated as individuals and held to high expectations. As a parent I am provided with information and realistic tools I can use at home to help my kids continue their learning outside of the classroom. In turn, my kids teach me new things everyday. In Milwaukee, I have a lot of educational choices and HPS continues to my first choice!

Posted June 27, 2008
My daughter has been here since K5. I transferred her from Dover. I love the DI and find that she is excelling academically because of it. She loves school and her teachers all have wonderful, positive things to say about her as well. I love the fact that this is a K8 school and I don't have to look for a middle school that is up to my standards for my daughter. She will be there until she is ready for high school. The principal is second to none. I love the fact that he is INVOLVED and that is a definite understatement. (I do miss the former principal too.) The staff take pride in their work and they LOVE what they do and that definetly shows and it comes through our children. I am not so concerned with the school not having competitive sports, there are alternatative programs locally. A+

Posted January 19, 2008

Humboldt Park School
3230 S Adams Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53207
Last modified Humboldt Park School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Humboldt Park School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.