Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Humboldt Park School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 19, 2016
Homework for Kindergarten is a bit of a surprise, most of our friends with children agree.

Posted February 19, 2016
Humboldt Park School is highly-diverse, has dozens of outstanding teachers with many years of experience at the school, numerous caring support staff, affordable after school care, involved parents and volunteers, and lots of special activities. It's a hidden gem in the middle of a quiet neighborhood.

Posted November 23, 2015
We have two children at Humboldt Park School, and the staff there has gone above and beyond to provide them both with a very individualized education. I love the diversity of the student population, and feel that it really enriches their education to be around so many different types of people with so many different perspectives.

Posted March 09, 2015
We have two children at Humboldt Park, and are very pleased with the school climate and culture. Humboldt Park is diverse, with a big ELL population, and I appreciate that my children have classmates and friends from around the world. I believe my children have received solid instruction from caring, concerned teachers. I am happy that the school offers full-time physical education, art, and music teachers along with community-based opportunities to experience the arts. I like how fitness, health and teamwork are stressed in phy ed vs. a straight sports approach to physical activity. Administration and teachers have been responsive to any communication from my husband and me. My children are happy, and they look forward to school.

Posted February 18, 2015
After moving to Milwaukee this past August, I was concerned about our children's transition to a new school. I was relieved at how welcoming and kind their teachers were at the open house before school began and during those critical first weeks of school. Not only were the teachers attentive to our children, but their classmates were also very friendly; I was struck by how many classmates made a point to say hello by name to both of my daughters during those first few days. The teachers are intelligent, organized, generous and responsive. I've repeatedly been impressed by their use of technology and their ability to differentiate for a variety of learning styles. In addition, my children truly enjoy their art, music, and PE teachers and the creative ways in which they teach the students valuable skills and create a love for their respective subjects. At Humboldt Park, diversity is valued and celebrated. My second grader recently met me at pick-up, brimming with excitement, "Mom, we have a new student in our class, and she speaks French!" Finally, the principal is approachable and enthusiastic, and she leads with a vision of what a great public school can be.

Humboldt Park School 4

Posted February 17, 2015
This is an excellent school. All the teachers are extremely dedicated an involved. The children are wonderful and respectful. The families are very involved as well. Stellar music program, Robotics, amazing Art classes. Many students are ESL. The diversity is so valuable. The Multi-cultural program every year highlights the many cultures.

Posted February 16, 2015
One of my sons graduated from Humboldt Park School last year and the other is currently in 8th grade. We have enjoyed being part of the HPS community throughout the last 10 years. The teachers and administration are dedicated and effective. There are lots of after school programs (robotics, drum line, scouts, newspaper, debate, dance, National Honor Society, Project Lead the Way) and ample opportunities for parental participation. The school has great international diversity with families from 17 nations across the globe. We feel fortunate to find an excellent public school with great teachers close to home.

Humboldt Park School 3

Posted January 08, 2015
I am a former student of HPS, and overall it's a pretty good school. Most of the students are there and are there to learn and depending on the situation, the principal MAY reprimand those students who are doing wrong. Becker is a total quack and doesn't take bullying seriously and is very odd and I don't trust her as head. The teachers are great but they do nearly nothing for advanced and gifted students whatsoever, as one myself, I found it restricting and ridiculous. The school is not equipped for a middle school. There is literally 7 teachers for the middle school. I left that school for the 7th and 8th grades for a suburb school and found the environment at the middle school much more rewarding and better prep once I got to high school. So in a nutshell, great teachers, good students, okay safety, poor administration and finally poor equipped middle school

Posted December 04, 2014
Hello, Im a middle school student from Humbolt Park School. Out of all the schools i have been to this is the best. Eventhough this school is rated 3 out of 10, teachers are amazing and do have a sense of humor at times. Students are kind, respectful, and helpful. Teachers are willing to spend their time to help you if your confused with any lessons. They are determined to help you achive your goals. Eventhough im only a middle school student i would recommend this school to any awesome parents.

Humboldt Park School 4

Posted December 17, 2012
very diverse, active in the students & families. Weekly parent letters/ emails.... Great school! My daughter loves it, as well as the staff. When your child is eager about "school" during middle school grades, must show this school is a plus!!!

Humboldt Park School
3230 South Adams Avenue, Milwaukee, WI  53207
Last modified Humboldt Park School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.