Minong, WI

Northwood School 3

Posted June 03, 2014
This school is alright. They don't have much to offer, but the academics has improved a lot. I'm just disappointed about the lack of extra curricular activities. I understand that there is no choir or drama department anymore. It's really disappointing.

Posted February 27, 2011
Northwood School has made a lot of improvements in the last few years. Students are doing more hands-on, real world projects and technology is being integrated in new ways. We enjoy seeing the examples of student work at the Academic Fair each year.

Posted December 15, 2008
All of our children attended Northwood and all have done very well as a result. We now attend many extra-curricular events and are always amazed at the talent and poise of the students. The music, drama and sports departments all do a great job. We are proud to say Northwood is our school.

Posted November 01, 2008

Posted October 02, 2008
Northwood prepared me very well for college. I never felt lost and was prepared for evey subject. I graduated from college and was accepted into medical school.

Northwood School 4

Posted June 30, 2008
The teachers are dedicated, for the most part, and my children learned a lot at this school. Unfortunately, the administration changes all the time, so there hasn't been much leadership. The new administrators seem to be doing a better job of trying to make it a great school. The elementary and middle school teachers really do a great job of coming up with exciting projects for learning.

Northwood School 2

Posted May 08, 2008
I say in with the new out with the old! This school has a long way to go compared to other schools in the area. I too feel that the only way my child will get the extra help they need is to move. This is a shame. The school is great for the kid that does well and does not rock the boat but if they need extra help go elsewhere. They also need to get away from favortism based on what family you were born into. Teachers that have been there along time do not seem to care and the new ones do not stay long enough to make a difference.

Northwood School 0

Posted April 07, 2008
Northwood school lost an AMAZING music teacher because of budget cuts. They used to have 2 full music teachers, then cut down to 1.7. The music/art department are suffering because of lack of budget. We need more parents complaining and start telling Northwood that the arts/music are important to all students!

Northwood School 4

Posted November 02, 2007
I think the majority of the elementary teachers are doing a great job. And also the middle school teachers. It seems to be lacking in the high school though. The music program is lacking so much. We have extremely talented singers and musicians whose talents are being wasted. Our shop/woods program is a joke. These two programs have been poor for many years. However, this year I believe the new administration is looking at every aspect of Northwood and are making great changes. It will take a while and cooperation and support from all of the teachers and parents. We need to work together and be diligent!

Northwood School 0

Posted July 06, 2007
Northwood School is truly wonderful!My 3 children learn a lot.This school has many great teachers.We have had a little trouble finding a principle,but they will find the right one.If u r looking for a school i recommened this one!

Northwood School
N14463 Highway 53, Minong, WI  54859
Last modified Northwood School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwood School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top