Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

My students had time during class for most homework. Not more than 60 minutes a night, even with AP Classes.

Develops character: Disagree

The school is inconsistent in response to conduct/student code violations. Students observe preferential treatment for kids with parents who are active in school booster organizations.

Superintendent 's Required 100% Positive Thinking and Behavior creatives a culture of denial and avoidance among the Administrative leadership and limits teacher-parent communication that would benefit students. In The past six years of attending parent teacher conferences for my two kids, I found no teacher was willing to acknowledge any student need or challenges - just positive comments, even when my student was struggling with the subject material in their class. Administration is fully aware of increasing availability of drugs in the school building, yet refuse to acknowledge this very real danger, even when hosting speakers to discuss underage drug & alcohol use- They title these events parenting workshops. There are highly qualified teachers in each academic area, yet parents need to guide & monitor their own student's progress. Lots of favoritism & special privileges for kids of active parent booster organizations.

Many exciting opportunites and the new building is going to be amazing for our kids coming up.

So disappointed. This is our 4th year at Port High and it is very difficult understand the culture at this school. I had my child's counselor tell me "I have 950+ kids to worry about, I can't worry about yours." When I contacted the principal in the fall regarding an unexcused absence, I was told to talk to the teacher that gave my child the unexcused absence. When I did, he said it was too much work to open his computer and read the email from another teacher excusing my child. And now I completely understand why my children say it is too hard and frustrating to talk to a teacher regarding their grade/missing work etc. I just received and email from a teacher that said they need to come before class or stay after school. If they didn't ride the bus to and from school I can understand how they could stay after school to discuss this with a teacher. Getting out of one class to go to another teachers class? I've also had the TAG counselor change my child's schedule without ever letting the child know! No apology, nothing from the TAG counselor. If you're a parent that doesn't want to be involved in your child's education, this is the school for you.

This is an amazing school and I love it and always will. Teachers should continue to make school fun, and easy to learn. Many students learn easier this way, including me. Homecoming should always be earlier because we can then start off to an easier more closely-knit school faster.

The school offers a lot of help espcially for students who are going downt he drain with their grades from students going to 9th hours (an extra hour everyday) to help them catch on work while being watched to assure that the work is being done. From programs with teachers who check up on the students work daily to make sure that they have everything in and if they are missing any work it is written down

The school is not good for average students. The teachers are apathetic.

This school doesn't offer much.

Last modified Port Washington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.