Port Washington, WI

Posted April 22, 2014
So disappointed. This is our 4th year at Port High and it is very difficult understand the culture at this school. I had my child's counselor tell me "I have 950+ kids to worry about, I can't worry about yours." When I contacted the principal in the fall regarding an unexcused absence, I was told to talk to the teacher that gave my child the unexcused absence. When I did, he said it was too much work to open his computer and read the email from another teacher excusing my child. And now I completely understand why my children say it is too hard and frustrating to talk to a teacher regarding their grade/missing work etc. I just received and email from a teacher that said they need to come before class or stay after school. If they didn't ride the bus to and from school I can understand how they could stay after school to discuss this with a teacher. Getting out of one class to go to another teachers class? I've also had the TAG counselor change my child's schedule without ever letting the child know! No apology, nothing from the TAG counselor. If you're a parent that doesn't want to be involved in your child's education, this is the school for you.

Posted April 02, 2010

Posted October 07, 2009

Posted September 22, 2009
This is an amazing school and I love it and always will. Teachers should continue to make school fun, and easy to learn. Many students learn easier this way, including me. Homecoming should always be earlier because we can then start off to an easier more closely-knit school faster.

Posted February 06, 2008
The school offers a lot of help espcially for students who are going downt he drain with their grades from students going to 9th hours (an extra hour everyday) to help them catch on work while being watched to assure that the work is being done. From programs with teachers who check up on the students work daily to make sure that they have everything in and if they are missing any work it is written down

Posted October 12, 2006
The school is not good for average students. The teachers are apathetic.

Posted October 12, 2006
This school doesn't offer much.

Posted May 10, 2006
It's an average school. The teachers show little interest in the students success.

Posted April 10, 2006
With two sons in the school we have found it to be a very well rounded experience. Out sons came to PWHS from a small Catholic school, with total class sizes of 15-20 kids. Even though they were moving to a school of 950 the transistion was very smooth and we found the staff to be caring and very helpful.

Posted January 12, 2006
This school is a great and unified environment. The teachers are positive role models, and the students who want to give a little, end up getting a lot.

Port Washington High School
427 W Jackson St, Port Washington, WI  53074
Last modified Port Washington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Port Washington High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top