Washburn, WI
After care: No

Washburn Elementary School 5

Posted February 03, 2011
Washburn Schools are green and healthy, have high academic standards in which art and music are valued as an integral part of the curriculum. Our school campus contains a garden, an excellent nutrition program, a school forest is located within walking distance. Our teachers/staff are supportive; parents are involved at the school.

Washburn Elementary School 5

Posted February 01, 2011
We recently moved to Washburn from Madison and have had an excellent experience with our two children @ this school. The campus is beautiful, the lunches are excellent and we have teachers who are intelligent and obviously care. This place and it's people are great I would highly recommend Washburn to young families!

Posted October 04, 2009
Washburn is an incredible community with supportive families, teachers, and community members that care about their town and their students.

Posted September 29, 2009
I love all the 'green' stuff going on at our school. They eliminated cardboard milk cartons, in favor of a milk dispensing machine! Also, my son's first grade teacher no longer sends home snack calendars or end-of-the-week notes, she has them on her website. Brilliant!!! This school rocks in lots of other departments, too.

Posted September 29, 2009
School garden, School Forest, healthy lunch program, great people, great teachers, happy kids.

Posted September 29, 2009
great teachers, friendly environment, and great education.

Posted September 28, 2009
WES houses the greatest teachers and staff that any elementary school aged child could hope to be with!

Posted September 28, 2009
school garden, forest and their awseome teachers!!!

Posted September 28, 2009
I attended Washburn, and I love the fact that my kids can experience the small tight knit atmosphere of Washburn too. I really love the fact that my children want to go to school and learn. The teachers are helpful and supportive. The staff keeps everything running smoothly. I am in complete support of our school being a 'green school.' The kids are not just learning academics they are being taught life lessons. Go Washburn!!

Posted September 28, 2009
We are a small school in northern Wisconsin & have implemented many changes to our school over the last couple years. We have implemented gardening into our curriculum & have one of the best food programs in the north woods. We also have a very well rounded group of teachers and parents who help implement arts & music, along with the core classes. We have even had square dances. We have been able to provide the children with Missoula Childrens theater for the last several years. It's a great place to live & thrive.

305 West 4th Street, Washburn, WI  54891
Last modified Washburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washburn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top