Bad
Good

The Montessori Charter School program was key in preparing my child for success in High School. Staff goes above and beyond the call to address individual needs and makes sure students take responsibility for their own learning. If Montessori is for you, this is the place to find it.

We are very happy with WAMCS. The staff is top-notch, and they care about each child on a personal level. My children have been very successful not only academically, but as far as their self-confidence. Whenever one of my children is having an academic or social issue, teachers have been on top of the situation and have been receptive to my opinions and ideas.

My son is finishing his first year at WAMCS, and is being challenged academically while enjoying the support of his community of friends. I can't say enough positive things about the school -- the teachers are great, and the focus on the growth of the whole child is a tremendous experience for my son and our family.

My daughter is in 2nd grade and attended a public elementary school in the area prior to my moving her to Montessori in the second half of her 1st grade. I like Montessori's approach and the teachers really help my daughter feel like a meaningful part of her society not just a number. The only downside for me is that I'm not sure she is learning up to her potential. It's hard to gauge where a child is at academically in relation to her peers.

Last modified Wausau Area Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.