Casper, WY

Posted September 16, 2014
We are more than happy with this school. This school got awards for school of excellence in reading and math this year. I am sure it will be moving up to a higher rating soon. I am surprised it is not rated at least an eight at this time. They don't pile on the homework because they believe the children should have balance in their life. I wouldn't have my child go to any other school in Casper!

Posted August 29, 2014
The staff at this schools is so approachable compared to other schools in the district. The children are happy to go to school and are treated with respect when they are there!

Posted March 24, 2014
Is a great school. Teachers are amazing and very commited. The principal is easy to talk to and always lookings for ways to improve the school.

Posted February 01, 2010
I love park school my older children went to a different school and i see how much of a difference schools have between eachouther because they were at mills school and i think the two younger children are more advanced at their age then the older ones were at their age that went to a differnt school than park we love this school.. dorris is wonderful we love here

Posted January 26, 2010
As a student teacher, I have been able to see what goes on in many different schools in the area. Park School has by far been my best experience. The teachers are so caring and I love that the school's atmosphere revolves around the children's needs rather than what is convenient or less 'noisy' for the staff! I would have loved to attend such a school.

Posted September 16, 2009
They truly get to know the kids and care about them.They try to keep learning fun!

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter is in her 5th school year at Park, and she continues to love it every day. It is a big extended family atmosphere. Her teachers inspire her with a desire and a love to learn!

Posted September 26, 2007
I am a parent of a 3rd 4th and 6th grader at park elementary. the school has proved excellance to my kids and I. my 4th grader was having troulble reading, right away they saw a problem and got her the help she needed, also with 6th grader he was having troulble with math and they got him the help he needed. Parks teachers are great and they love what they do and it shows.

Park Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2006
I have one child currently enrolled in this school and one child who attended school there from K-6th and has recently moved on to middle school. Although our experiences were wonderful the first few years, I believe the school has experienced a steady decline in academic quality. Academic programs have been declining over the past few years due, in my opinion, to a high staff turnover, a move away from the original plan and philosophy the school was founded upon, and ineffective leadership at the administrative level. The Math program is especially weak. The general music program has also declined but I will say that the visual arts program cannot be beat! The teachers are caring and the parents are very involved but I see an increasing confusion on the part of teachers regarding curriculum and making sure the students are well grounded in basic skills.

Posted August 27, 2005
What a wonderful school! I enrolled my oldest child in Park for his 1st grade year. A couple of years later, my two younger children joined Park. I love that Doris Waddell always has a smile and a moment when you need her. Linda Powell is a wonderful asset to the school, and the teachers cannot be beat! They love what they do, and they do it well. My oldest is now in 6th grade and my two youngest in 3rd grade. All efforts by the staff have been appreciated in the education of my children.

140 West 9th St, Casper, WY  82601
Last modified Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top