Cheyenne, WY
Before care: Yes

Posted May 20, 2014
Principal walked into a room full of 6th graders and stole books from the students. They were gifts given to each student with notes of encouragement from their teacher. They refuse to communicate with the parents why. I have read more than one of them, and they were so encouraging and helpful for my boy. I have watched as teachers are brow beaten and all fear for their careers. This principal is no friend of education. This is an evil place, I am glad school is almost over and my kid will not have to return. They don't meet Annual Yearly Progress (never have) so you can use that angle to waiver out of this school. Until the GESTAPO is gone DONT go to this school. SHAME.

Posted April 03, 2014
Lets put it this way ~ a school that kicks a 9 year old boy out for no reason what so ever. 2 days before his birthday, 1 day before his field trip to the Denver zoo and 3 days before the end of the 3rd quarter. My boy never caused any trouble, did well on his school work and still i have not heard anything on why they did what they did to him and its been over 3 months now. Nobody will face us and give us any explanation why. They had brought down his self esteem, his self worth and took everything he put his all in~ away from him. On that note i think everyone who reads this can make the best choice for their children. " Be Aware" the school does more bulling then the children themselves.

Pioneer Park Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2010
The "Trailblaizer" all day gifted program is one of the best programs in the USA. Due to the limited number of spaces and the costs involved your child must past the WISC as gifted in all areas. For example my daughter was gifted in verbal, reading and all others but only average in math so she was not accepted into the program but my son was. The teachers are outstanding but staff here can be short. I imagine they are a bit worn out from all the military folks that coming in and out. This school is right off F E Warren AFB and they get the most military kids. I do not like the quiet rooms, however including children into public schools who used to be served by local mental hospitals has become a nation wide phenomena and not unique to Pioneer

Posted January 05, 2010
We have been very troubled by the leadership at this school. This is the GT center for Cheyenne. When we moved our high-performing GT student to Cheyenne, the school leadership refused to enroll her, deciding that the other school district's standards were not sufficiently rigorous to merit any sort of deference. Rather, we found ourselves running the newly-moved grade schooler through a battery of tests and interviews (including an candid discussion of the student's abilities by the principal, with the child present). If you have a GT student, and have other options than the city of Cheyenne, I would exercise them.

Posted April 16, 2008

Posted March 29, 2008
I love pioneer park. The programs they have for the kids is great! We moved from the area and my daughter talks about going back everyday she truely misses the kid and her great teachers. Any problem I had was taken care of right away.

Posted February 12, 2008

Posted September 26, 2007

Posted March 16, 2007
Awesome school my child loves all the teachers and has a great time! She gets the help she needs and there are great learning tools. Principal takes care of the school and chilren pretty well! Awesome tlc programs! Overall it is an outstanding school I would recommend it anytime!

Posted July 27, 2006
The office staff is very unfriendly. School does not look into the bst intrest of the children. Some of the teachers and other staff lack the experience that is needed to take care of children that are disabled. The TLC program is horrible. Instead of trying to calm down the 'special' children they send them into a room all by themselves to 'calm them down'. Not a good school, not even close.

Pioneer Park Elementary School
1407 Cosgriff Court, Cheyenne, WY  82001
Last modified Pioneer Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pioneer Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top