Johnson Junior High School 4

Posted August 12, 2014
Johnson Jr High School has many good points. It gets a bad reputation from being on the south side of Cheyenne. I've had two children attend and both enjoyed it for the most part. There are a few bad teachers, but you will find that at most schools.

Johnson Junior High School 1

Posted January 31, 2014
As a parent of a special needs child with an IEP, I am very disappointed. I've never been treated so poorly in my life and they have no desire to help my daughter or make any efforts to help her succeed. It's been a really terrible year and I've given up all hope. I've had my daughters doctors even call the school district, still no help. It's in your best interest to drive your kids to Carey instead, they seem to actually care about the students there.

Posted August 04, 2011
Great school with great staff and great students. I think parents would be pleasantly surprised by the education their children could receive from this school. surprised by the education their children could receive from this school.

Johnson Junior High School 0

Posted August 26, 2009
although Im only in 7th grade and today was my first day of school, it was amazing. I was so nervous about going to jh. I heard so many storys about johnson. I dont have one bad kid in my class. I have the most amazing teachers I have ever had. they dont give up and scream at you they talk in a tone as if you didnt get in trouble. I noticed the teachers that give respect to there students they get a lot of respect. I have to say I love johnson

Johnson Junior High School 0

Posted April 21, 2009
Johnson really gets a bad rap but does a nice job with the kids. Becuase the rest of the town is so negative towards Johnson, the kids feel they are 'bad kids' and have no hope. However, we have always had good experiences with teachers who really care about the kids.

Posted January 27, 2009
Its the best school ever and its not at all what people think it is

Johnson Junior High School 1

Posted September 19, 2008

Johnson Junior High School 4

Posted February 26, 2008
Excellent staff committed to ensuring education for all students. Staff participates in many professional development opportunities.

Posted December 04, 2007

Posted August 06, 2007
A school's ability to be successful relies on three things, the students desire to learn, the parents' encouragement of their children, and the ability of the teacher to meet student needs and to challenge them accordingly. Test scores do not accurately reflect the strength of any one of these areas, but does reflect a need for improved colaboration between the three parties mentiond above. Johnson is filled with wonderful teachers, and many of its students and parents want the students to be successful. When it comes to testing, what hurts Johnson is its diverse population, but as a teacher, a diverse population keeps teaching interesting and fun!

Johnson Junior High School
1236 West Allison Rd, Cheyenne, WY  82007
Last modified Johnson Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnson Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top