Cheyenne, WY

Posted May 09, 2015
I have a daugher that has attended Johnson for two years and have two other children on their way. Johnson Jr. High, and the south triad in general get a bad rap, but it's actually of the best kept secrets in Cheyenne. The people who don't have good things to say are those that grew up here and have never attended the school or taken part of the change that has occured over the last 10+ years. Mr. Balow and his staff are remarkable people who care tremendously about these student and theit success. Classes are small and students get lots of individual attention to learn at their own pace. My daughter is an honor student and member of the NJHS and continues to excel both academically and athletically because of the individual attention that these students receive. The teachers and staff know these kids. We have had a great experience with teachers, staff and friends. The South triad is building a wonderful community feeling for its families and we are lucky to be a part of it.

Johnson Junior High School 4

Posted August 12, 2014
Johnson Jr High School has many good points. It gets a bad reputation from being on the south side of Cheyenne. I've had two children attend and both enjoyed it for the most part. There are a few bad teachers, but you will find that at most schools.

Johnson Junior High School 1

Posted January 31, 2014
As a parent of a special needs child with an IEP, I am very disappointed. I've never been treated so poorly in my life and they have no desire to help my daughter or make any efforts to help her succeed. It's been a really terrible year and I've given up all hope. I've had my daughters doctors even call the school district, still no help. It's in your best interest to drive your kids to Carey instead, they seem to actually care about the students there.

Posted August 04, 2011
Great school with great staff and great students. I think parents would be pleasantly surprised by the education their children could receive from this school. surprised by the education their children could receive from this school.

Posted August 26, 2009
although Im only in 7th grade and today was my first day of school, it was amazing. I was so nervous about going to jh. I heard so many storys about johnson. I dont have one bad kid in my class. I have the most amazing teachers I have ever had. they dont give up and scream at you they talk in a tone as if you didnt get in trouble. I noticed the teachers that give respect to there students they get a lot of respect. I have to say I love johnson

Posted April 21, 2009
Johnson really gets a bad rap but does a nice job with the kids. Becuase the rest of the town is so negative towards Johnson, the kids feel they are 'bad kids' and have no hope. However, we have always had good experiences with teachers who really care about the kids.

Posted January 27, 2009
Its the best school ever and its not at all what people think it is

Johnson Junior High School 4

Posted February 26, 2008
Excellent staff committed to ensuring education for all students. Staff participates in many professional development opportunities.

Posted August 06, 2007
A school's ability to be successful relies on three things, the students desire to learn, the parents' encouragement of their children, and the ability of the teacher to meet student needs and to challenge them accordingly. Test scores do not accurately reflect the strength of any one of these areas, but does reflect a need for improved colaboration between the three parties mentiond above. Johnson is filled with wonderful teachers, and many of its students and parents want the students to be successful. When it comes to testing, what hurts Johnson is its diverse population, but as a teacher, a diverse population keeps teaching interesting and fun!

Posted September 25, 2005
Johnson Junior Highis a great school. Both of my children have enjoyed attending Johnson. They now have moved on to high school and are doing very well. I think the teachers work very hard at Johnson to help meet the instructional needs of a very diverse population of students.

1236 West Allison Rd, Cheyenne, WY  82007
Last modified Johnson Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnson Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top