Goodyear, AZ
Students enrolled: 2,170

Millennium High School 3

Posted December 02, 2013
The school has great activities for kids to be involved in. Teacher practices are very fragmented with no set philosophy for homework, tests, and projects. Class sizes are very large and most difficult for advanced students. Teachers continually give students problems they have never been taught to bring rigor to the curriculum. Very few students continue in AP classes and fewer take the test. The IB program is a joke with only a handful of students selecting the program. The school should be an A rated school, but is barely a B.

Millennium High School 4

Posted August 31, 2013
We enjoy Millennium HS. My son is involved in a variety of after school activities, and enjoys the teacher involvement. He takes AP classes and we look forward to our younger children attending MHS.

Posted May 23, 2013
the classes are a very weak, and the learning environment could definitely be better. some teachers don't even teach until the last 2 weeks of school, when they start stressing about final exam grades. teachers rarely offer opportunities for advancement in the classroom, and the tutoring is a joke. I mean, there are some classes that are good and some teachers that genuinely care, but honestly? everything is mostly busy work and doesn't challenge students at all. most students lose interest and focus in school and let their grades derail. however, I do love millennium, and the social environment is exciting (since it's overcrowded, you meet many new people:) but there is a definite lack of leadership, teacher involvement, and stimulating classes.

Posted July 11, 2012
My son attended MHS his freshmen year. Overcrowding is ridiculous. In his Honors English class... there were not even enough seats for everyone. I know when I read about their test scores, I was excited.. Those are not the new test scores coming out however. My son wrestled for them this year and we saw that they pay more attention to the "popular" sports than anything else. I emailed and called teachers until I was blue in the face with no response. My son has a B average, so he is not a failing student, but definitely was not pushed or encouraged to go further. I was extremely excited for him to go here and to say the least, I am extremely disappointed. He will be attending AAEC next year so he can get class sizes that are appropriate and the attention teachers are supposed to give to their students. Do yourself a favor and don't trust the "excelling" label..... look around. Even Agua Fria would have been better than this.

Millennium High School 1

Posted June 03, 2012
I am very disappointed in the school. I did a lot of research before buying a home in this district. I was very happy with the middle school and have had nothing but problems since my daughter started the high school. Unless your student is actively involved, which is wonderful, your student will very easily fall between the cracks. The teachers and administrators have very little focus on the other 85% of the students that don't fall into that group. It is very easy for your child to get lost in this school if they have a quiet demeener and are not extroverted. Very unfortunate, I am now actively looking for a charter school in the area so that my child no longer gets lost in the crowd and gets her fair shot at a good education.

Millennium High School 1

Posted November 08, 2011
i am a parent, and i am very disappointed in the way the school administration and some teachers handle "bullying" we (parents) get a briefing on what the school does to prevent or handle bullying on campus, well here is the problem, my son has been a victim of bullying and we have made several attempts to contact the principal and vice principal and all we get is voice mails, and no response back, it is a shame that even teachers (some) do not do anything about it and even when it is happening infront of their faces. what a shame....

Posted May 15, 2011
I am a junior at Millennium, and it has gone downhill every year since I've been here. I joined the IB program to hopefully get a leg up on my education and even that is going downhill. The teachers are horrible, the school is horrible. The good teachers are quitting and the overcrowding in unbelievable. If I could switch schools, I would. Don't come to this school- it would be a horrible mistake.

Millennium High School 5

Posted January 31, 2011
I am a sophmore at Millennium, and I am so glad I didn't get sent to Xavier or another private school. The teachers are fantastic, and they go beyond teaching; they actually care about you. The students are respectful, and all the sports and clubs available are fantastic! Millennium is exactly where I want to be. GO TIGERS!

Millennium High School 0

Posted March 08, 2010
Loved it last year. Not so much this year. Funding cuts, overcrowded classrooms, discouraged teachers, lack of leadership. This will be our last year at MHS. Transferring out at the end of the year and not recommending the school to friends.

Millennium High School 5

Posted October 16, 2009

Millennium High School
14802 W Wigwam Blvd, Goodyear, AZ  85338
Last modified Millennium High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millennium High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top