Posted November 08, 2014
Our son started seventh grade at Meadows this year and we couldn't be happier. We just wish that we had considered sending him here starting in fifth grade. The school community is friendly, down to earth and inclusive. District administration is responsive; and phone calls and emails are returned promptly with a helpful attitude. School administration is cheerful, efficient and no-nonsense. There appears to be a high priority placed on teacher retention and development; each of our son's teachers are veterans with 10+ years experience and are wizards at engaging pupils in their admittedly large classes. My son finds his homework interesting and there is a reasonable amount of it so that he has time for sports. Over the last 18 years we have had children in public and private schools in AZ and the East and this school is easily one of the best.

Madison Meadows School 3

Posted August 18, 2014
To accommodate the IB requirements to have 50 annual hours in 8 subject areas, the music program at Meadows has been butchered. To complete the high number of now required exploratory classes, kids can now only attend each exploratory for 1 hour once every 4 days. No one can learn much about any subject (band, choir, Spanish, technology, etc) in essentially only 1 hour per week. What a waste of time! A school that previously had an outstanding middle school level band now can't get in enough practices and instrument training to even plan to have a winter concert. I am so disappointed that I'm very seriously considering switching to a different school. Obviously I'm biased toward music education, but the same is true for the other exploratory classes. One cannot learn even the basics about Spanish in 1 hour per week. Most teachers have been a good experience for us. But the principal comes across as unavailable. The couple of times that I have attempted to contact she has had a teacher return my call, even when I wasn't calling about a teacher level issue. For instance, I had once called over concerns about school level curriculum changes and she has a teacher call me back.

Posted June 04, 2014
I have had children attending this school for the past 6 years. It is an excellent environment for students which allows them to learn in a highly diverse and supportive environment. The curriculum is rigorous and the teachers are outstanding. The PTA support is unbelievable. This really feels like a community. The principal is highly qualified and has an open door policy. She is supportive to students, parents and staff. We love Meadows!

Posted January 16, 2014
This is my sons 3rd school and 3rd school district in Phoenix and by far the best! This is his 3rd year at Meadows and he has grown so much socially and academically. The curriculum is challenging, there is plenty of assistance if needed, excellent activities to be involved in, and great teaching staff. I am extremely happy with his experiences here and would recommend to anyone.

Posted October 28, 2013
My greatson attends to Meadows, he is doing great, he receives a lot of help from the teachers. Excellent school curriculum.

Posted October 24, 2013
Best and most dedicated teachers. Very happy with my son's performance in all classes. He has attended Meadows for 3 years and his present AEP Math teacher is one of the best nationwide being awarded by the President. And by the way, to the comment below: students must always give respect to their teachers no matter what, regardless of the teachers' attitude. It's ridiculous to hear that teachers bully students. Come on! Teach your child RESPECT, which should always be there for the older. This is what we, as parents must teach our children. RESPECT!

Madison Meadows School 2

Posted July 23, 2013
The school lacks strong leadership. The principal is unwilling to deal with student or teacher issues and passes it all off to the assistant principal, who then shoves the matter under a rug. The teachers are berating and down right bullying to the students. Some teachers do care but they are waiting their time to move on to better places. FERPA is not followed and the students grade each other's papers, often incorrectly and the teachers do not check the validity of the grade given by another student. A the child of a parent with any amount of perceived prestige is given preferential treatment regardless of how improper that student's behavior. There is very little respect given to the students by the staff and yet the staff demands respect. I wish they would learn to lead by example. If you they don't like their profession I wish they would move on and allow GOOD and caring teachers to come in. I am not a fan of public school and dislike the unions that prevent the termination of incompetent educators.

Posted November 16, 2012
I love this school. My autistic son has been going here for 2 years now and tthe teachers are the best he has ever had. They seem not to define him by his label and expect him to achieve highly. I am so glad I moved to this district and send him to this school.

Posted March 04, 2011
My daughter is thriving. I am very involved at the school and have had an opportunity to get to know the teachers. They never cease to amaze me. Their dedication is heartwarming and impressive. I would recommend this school over others in this district, even the shiny new one.

Madison Meadows School 1

Posted November 23, 2010
I am a student at this school and i HATE it. The teachers are bad and i'm never challenged. Beside the main problem is DRAMA!!! Our school has the most drama you have ever seen. I suggest #1 or Phoenix Christian.

Madison Meadows School
225 W Ocotillo Rd, Phoenix, AZ  85013
Last modified Madison Meadows School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Meadows School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top