Public charter
Queen Creek, AZ

Posted June 06, 2013
At first this school appears to offer a great program for its students. However, they do not operate the school as they originally told us. We thought it would be good for our daughter, who has a learning disability, because they offered a multi-sensory approach. In actuality, for grades 4-8 the majority of the classes are independent study. I would caution you to be very wary of the principal, who is also one of the teachers, as he will not listen to parents. The end of this past year was a very bad experience. This school is not what it appears so please be very cautious.

Posted September 21, 2011
Patriot Academy is a wonderful school. The class sizes are small enough that every child gets the attention they need and they are also able to do more fun, hands on activities. I love that they ability group! I had a kindergartner in a public school that was not able to excel because he was being held back by other students' lack of knowledge. But when we moved to PA he was moved up a grade level and now is challenged instead of bored! They do two musicals a year at the Performing Arts Center and all of the kids are involved and the shows are wonderful! I think the most impressive thing about this school is that they have no tolerance for bad behavior. It is my opinion that in a learning environment kids should be able to conduct themselves properly. If they are not respectful of others (especially the teachers) it needs to be addressed and dealt with and this school does a great job of that! Because they are so small they are able to keep a close eye on the kids and I have had no problem at all with bullying. Is it the prettiest school? No. But if that's all you look for in a school, you are looking in the wrong place. The education here is first class.

Posted May 04, 2011
I don't understand the ideas of the prinicpal. The old buildings look dirty. The treatment of the students and small children are unacceptable. I'm confused as to how it stays open?

Posted May 26, 2010
In the spring of 2009 we were told by the public school our daughters were too young and there would br no exceptions. We were in a quandry. I bless the day we found the Patriot Academy. Not only did they enroll them at four but they had all day kindergarten. My daughters have excelled at this school. Not only can they spell and recognize several hundred words ... they are reading. They have been doing basic arithmetic for months. Their knowledge of science amazes me. They even took karate. Best of all ... the school instilled a love of learning. Reading and learning new words have become an obsession. My family loves this school. We highly recommend it. My family thanks and commends the principal, their K teacher, and the other staff for an outstanding job.

Posted July 03, 2009
I am so glad that my daughter was denied entry into our local public school because she was 'too young' to attend. We would have never checked out charter schools otherwise. We were at first turned off by the facilities, but after meeting a few staff members, and observing classes, we decided to try it. I'm so glad we did. My daughter has attended for the past two years, and will continue this coming school year. We look forward to my younger child attending in the future. The only downside for us, so far, is the fact that the school stops at 8th grade. The teacher's challenge and push my child to do her best in all developmental areas. They also always make time to answer my questions and address any concerns I have. Keep up the great work!

Posted May 27, 2009
We are so happy with Patriot Academy. Our two kids just finished their first year at this school. The progress they both made this year has been outstanding. The teachers we've known and the principal are caring and dedicated, easy to talk to, and quick to respond to questions or concerns. We have a son who is a very quick learner, and he has been allowed to work at his own pace and move ahead so he is constantly being challenged. After homeschooling for 2 years, our fear was that he would feel stifled at a tratditional school, get bored, and get into trouble. That has not happened. In fact, he was sad when the school year was over! It will be nice when the new buildings are finished, but our kids have done fine in the old buildings. We are looking forward to another successful year in '09-'10!

Posted May 19, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009
Truthfully this school is not up to my standards as a good parent. The old/re- worked on buildings look unsightly and dirty. The teachers punish the small children rather harsh and the principal will not ever agree or take seriously the thoughts and ideas of the parents.

Posted April 01, 2009
Too much drama in this school! I would not recommend this school to anyone. The principal has his own ideas and will not listen to the parents. We had a very bad experience!

Patriot Academy 0

Posted October 29, 2008
My daughter is in her second year here and we love the school. She started in kindergarten and now is in first. I find the teachers to be great and pleasant to speak with. My daughter is above grade level in math and is reading and spelling words well. Would definteley recommend school small class size more warm feeling with a smaller school environment and everyone knows everyone.

Patriot Academy
19011 E. San Tan Blvd, Queen Creek, AZ  85242
Last modified Patriot Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patriot Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top