San Tan Valley, AZ
After care: No

Posted October 23, 2014
A school is a community including; parents, students, teachers, admin, and local business. All of these stakeholders should be feel welcomed at a school. At mountain vista, many stakeholders feel alienated by the administration. For example, putting a fence along the track so the community can't use it. The tax payers paid for those fields. Why are they not allowed to use them. The excuse of too much vandalism does not work if the principal had not talked to the hoa to formulate a solution with their help. Students do not feel welcome in their own school when they are required to line up and walk like "good" little soldiers around campus. The speed limit signs are a danger to community drivers when they are left out after school hours or not pulled up on a curb and just left in the street. School pride is lacking significantly and has gotten much worse over the past years.

Mountain Vista Middle School 4

Posted March 29, 2014
I completely disagree with the last two posts. I know for a fact that most teachers are working their butts off at this school. Instead of looking just at the leader & the teachers, why don't you look at your kids? Employees are a direct reflection on their leader? Your kids are a direct reflection of you! Parents who don't care create kids who don't care. If you think the PTO needs help, then HELP! If you don't like the technology, volunteer & plan a fundraiser to upgrade & get new items. Don't sit there & complain about how awful it is and then do nothing. I've seen the attitudes of my children's classmates. Newsflash: It's not pretty. I hear stories about students being completely disrespectful to their teachers and tell their friends they can do whatever they want because their parents hate the school and they won't get in trouble. My daughter's class has over half failing in one class & she has an A. Why? because she actually turns in her homework and the other half never turns in a thing. Get off your butts & DO SOMETHING. Stop hiding behind a computer and typing venom just because no one knows who you are. If you can't help the school, at least be responsible for your kids.

Posted January 27, 2014
I try really hard to to like this school. And while there have been improvements over the past couple of years, it still suffers from what I would classify as under-qualified staff. Teachers at this school never seem to be on the ball. Their use of electronic media for grades and e-learning is horrendous. You certainly cannot rely on the tools they provide. No one seems to know how to administrate these tools, so expect assignments to get lost, mis-graded, etc. I can't totally blame this on the staff, as this state is rediculous when it comes to education dollars. For the love of god, please dump some money on some quality teachers, and supplies. PTO could use some help. Their facebook is laughable.

Posted September 05, 2013
I agree. my comment is gone. This school was horrid in 2009. As this site keeps me updated via email, I see quite a few missing. In 2009 this school was out of control. A few good teachers and no support. By the reviews I was reading, it sounded like it had not changed much. I ended up home schooling my son. He used to have severe anxiety attacks that are now gone and he is in a different public school district in a different state. Be honest. My son was bullied and if I had a daughter I would worry even more.Bathrooms were not a safe place via another parent.

Mountain Vista Middle School 3

Posted August 07, 2013
I am dissappointed by the posts I just read, spend anytime at Mountain Vista and you will find a staff always willing to go the extra mile. I have had my students there since sixth grade, the teachers offer free afterschool tutoring and make themselves available all the time for parents. Yes there are discipline issues but those can be found at all schools. My child was bullied and the administration handled it, even going to far as to call the police and get them involved and the problems stopped. It is a shame that parents are not more involved here, they don't come to meetings and they don't attend conferences with the teachers. Get involved if you want to help make some positive change, don't bash the school if you are not willing to roll up your sleeves and help the students succeed.

Posted June 21, 2013
WOW.....This school is VERY trashy. The teachers are careless and very unorganized. The students and staff are very unwelcoming to new comers. The staff favors their "cheerleaders" and "football players". Also the area in which the school is located in is really high in crime.

Mountain Vista Middle School 4

Posted March 17, 2013
Mountain Vista is an amazing school with a great staff who care about their students. I took my son out of Eduprize because the staff there went down hill along with the Dean of students. Who told me my son's teacher was not affective at doing her job, but he would not move my son to another teacher. This has not been the case at Mountain Vista, Ms. Taylor is on top of all student problems. She herself witnessed another student physically bullying my child and had it all taken care of before she informed me of the problem. The teachers here are the most dedicated teachers I have seen in a long time. The student problems that are on this campus are not because of staff not handling it, it is because of lack of parenting and discipline at home. People should not put the school down for things they have no control over, if parents have problems with how things are done they should get involved. The school gives parents plenty of opportunity to be apart of the school plans/idea,s as another parent below had said parents don't show up. People ask why does this school have so many "problem" students it's because Charter schools won't take them, or they were kicked out of other schools.

Mountain Vista Middle School 2

Posted March 10, 2013
Wow, what an awful experience. I withdrew my child from this school, finally after he was bullied constantly for 2 months. The teachers have so much discipline on their hands they can't teach properly. My child went from an average student to failing in 2 months and nobody at the school seemed to care. I will not bore you with the details but I will say that if you are truly interested in your child's education than I highly recommend one of the great charter schools in the area instead of any of the schools in the Coolidge District.

Mountain Vista Middle School 5

Posted September 13, 2011
If you spent just a bit of your time at the school I honestly believe you would be overwhelmingly impressed by the dedication and care that is being offered to our children. Speak to one of these dedicated teachers -ask them about your student - they know them - I promise you - your student is not lost in the crowd. Once you see how the staff interacts with our kids - you see the engagement - the kind that some of us only wish we had or SHOULD have with our children - then you will know that much of the negative that has been said in previous posts is from parents who know absolutely nothing at all about Mountain Vista Middle School. Ask your child about the amazing elective classes that are being offered - they are out of this world - and offered only because of the additional work and time the same teachers put in to create these NEW classes. Ask them about the new Math program that the school is piloting. Ask them about how their principal knows each one of them by name and knows to ask them how a test went and exactly what that student is working on in each class. Did you know there is a PTO? I am just so proud to say that my daughter is an MVMS Wolverine! T.Y. MVMS!

Mountain Vista Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2011
There are a lot of negative comments for Mountain Vista Middle School. But the positives comments seem to go to the charter Schools in the area. Why? And there are a lot of teachers standing up for Mountain Vista and that's good. But Coolidge Unified School District needs to make more academic improvements to win back the students that the parents have given many chances to San Tan and Mountain Vista over the years. As a parent I want what's best for my children and if that means putting them in a Charter School then that's what I need to do. I don't think that CUSD is meeting their needs, right now.

Mountain Vista Middle School
33622 North Mountain Vista Blv, San Tan Valley, AZ  85242
Last modified Mountain Vista Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Vista Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top