Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 02, 2015
The teachers talk down to the students. They think that they can do and say what they want, and the students can't talk back to them. They are complete and total bullies. The students don't respect them because they are so afraid of them.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 02, 2015
This is a terrible school. It seems nice on the surface- small class sizes, a married couple as the administration, colorful walls. Do not let this deceive you. The administration has absolutely no idea what they are doing. They need to boost their standardized test scores, so instead of having the teachers teach the curriculum, they are having them zoom through the information and give practice test after practice test. The teachers in the school are also completely unacceptable. I have seen children asking them for help. Instead of helping, they give them hours of extra homework and then move on. They think that the best solution is to give them more work- news flash, that is only going to make them afraid to ask for help. They aren't doing anyone any favors. If the extra homework doesn't help, they just hold the child back. They are looking out for their best interest, not your child's. The school is corrupt, and the teachers are terrible. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. Your child deserves better.

Scottsdale Country Day School 1

Posted June 02, 2015
This is a terrible school. It seems nice on the surface- small class sizes, a married couple as the administration, colorful walls. Do not let this deceive you. The administration has absolutely no idea what they are doing. They need to boost their standardized test scores, so instead of having the teachers teach the curriculum, they are having them zoom through the information and give practice test after practice test. The teachers in the school are also completely unacceptable. I have seen children asking them for help. Instead of helping, they give them hours of extra homework and then move on. They think that the best solution is to give them more work- news flash, that is only going to make them afraid to ask for help. They aren't doing anyone any favors. If the extra homework doesn't help, they just hold the child back. They are looking out for their best interest, not your child's. The school is corrupt, and the teachers are terrible. Do yourself a favor and look else where. Your child deserves better.

Posted May 17, 2015
SCDS is a lovely school whose administration and teaching staff are of the highest quality. They all truly care about each of the students and provide an excellent environment and education. I take great comfort in knowing that my daughter is thriving under their tutelage. If you're looking for a school with a smaller student-to-teacher ratio, an excellent curriculum, highly qualified and loving teachers, and an administration that is visible, communicative, kind, and involved, then this is the school for you.

Posted April 02, 2015
Our daughter is in first grade at SCDS and we have many wonderful things to say about the school! The administration is well on top of everything that goes on at the school and is always striving for excellence. The headmaster knows each and every student and doesn't hide in his office. He's always around the students staying involved and is very easy to approach. Communication we believe is essential, something our child's last school lacked and SCDS does an excellent job communicating updates with parents and following up on any matter or question. Our daughter's Galileo test scores have gone up considerably each quarter and so we feel that her teacher takes pride in her job and her students and wants to see them succeed-not just 'do' the lesson plan. Our daughter likes to go to school and enjoys the extra specials that SCDS has made available like PE, Art, Music, Spanish, Gardening, field trips etc. Many of these programs have been cut back in the public schools, so we are fortunate that SCDS can offer a well rounded curriculum. Overall, our daughter is confident, happy and thriving and so we would recommend this school to any parent.

Posted March 04, 2015
Our Girls were enrolled at MME before they attended SCDS. We have noticed the difference over this past year how much faster they learn. At their previous school they would come home with massive packets of homework and the school expected the parents to help teach a lot of the work. At SCDS they set goals at the beginning of the school year with you and ask you what you would like to get out of the school year for your kids. So far we have had a great experience. The kids come home with their homework but they understand the work since the teachers spend so much time with them in class going over the work. As parents our " home teaching" job has become less stressful as we only have to review the homework with our kids now. This school was recommended to us by friends who's daughter when to MME with our girls before and the experience has been exactly what they described to us. I would recommend SCDS to anybody. The staff are very professional and the principal is very involved with the kids. They communicate very effectively with the parents about the kids' needs and areas of improvement. It is a great team effort.

Posted January 06, 2015
We have a son in kindergarten and a son in 2nd grade. Both are with the same teacher that they had last year as the school allows teachers to loop. This consistency in teachers has really helped my boys flourish. Although parent participation at the school could be better, I realize everything does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. My wife and I appreciate all the great things that SCDS offers such as Spanish, art, music, and P.E. classes, amazing teachers, and small class sizes! The school leaders and teachers work very hard to make sure my children are able to learn without being disrupted from children who are misbehaving. Misbehaving and disruptive students do not fit well at this school. As a small charter school (120 students total I think), we could not be happier with SCDS and feel very fortunate to have our children at this school. Thank you!

Posted January 06, 2015
Our daughter loves SCDS. She is shy and was nervous about switching mid year from a different charter school. It couldn't have been an easier transition. We are in our second year at SCDS. Her teacher, actually all the teachers we have had contact with, are caring and provide challenging academics. It is obvious that the teachers enjoy working at SCDS and receive the education and support that they need. Students are polite and well behaved. I appreciate how I can talk to someone, email, or find necessary information on a secure class website. The administration is dedicated to helping the students succeed yet flexible enough to make changes when needed to make the school even better.

Scottsdale Country Day School 1

Posted January 05, 2015
Big disappointment! Not a good experience at all. Big turn around with teachers. Non experienced teachers. Bully, goes on continuously. Very little parent participation. Not well managed school. Little communication with teacher. I would advise to look elsewhere with all the good schools in Scottsdale.

Posted September 27, 2014
This school is without a doubt the best! My second grade son has transformed from lack of confidence to extremely confident - he has a fantastic teacher (who was also his first grade teacher at this school.) His academic skills and levels are so heartwarming and great...Ms. Megan is the most amazing teacher and person - I have no worries, whatsoever, when I leave my son there in morning - I have smiles knowing that he is in the best hands, and that he has made amazing friends. He wakes up every morning excited and happy to go to school - cannot ask for more that that!

10460 N. 56th St., Scottsdale, AZ  85253
Last modified Scottsdale Country Day School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6
Scottsdale Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top