Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

This is seriously the best school ever! We love the teachers, the administrators, and the families at this school. It feels like one big happy family. Everyone cares so much about each other :) Our kiddo actually wants to go to school every day. He LOVES it! :)

We love how small and personal this school is. We are going into our 4th year here and couldn't be happier. We drive 30 minutes each way just go to go this school. We would recommend this school to anyone who doesn't want their child to be just a number.

SCDS has been a wonderful fit for my child. They offer a solid curriculum, great student to teacher ratio, and fantastic learning opportunities. We are very happy that our child has been a student at SCDS.

After relocating we enrolled in the Paradise Valley School District. We quickly realized that it was not a good fit as we came from a Traditional School. We loved how the Traditional school was set up and unfortunately there were none in our new location. We found SCDS and our daughter really felt at home. We really like how SCDS provides the basics of education but also targets real world, real life applications like entrepreneurship, tech skills, sporting skills, self expression and more. The class size is awesome and I really appreciate the Administrations use of technology with communicating with parents. I never forget anything since it's all on my phone/email. The only downside for SCDS is that finding teachers is tough. However, all of Arizona is having a hard time finding teachers across the board. That being said, the Admin goes out of their way to support the kids and that is more apparent than what I have experienced at a public school. Our second child is enrolled for next year. Excited to keep growing with SCDS!

This school is a wonderful! A friend of mine recommended SCDS. We can't get enough of the school.Our Girls were enrolled at Cherokee elementary before they attended SCDS. We have noticed the difference over this past year how much faster they learn. At SCDS they set goals at the beginning of the school year with you and ask you what you would like to get out of the school year for your kids. So far we have had a great experience. The kids come home with their homework but they understand the work since the teachers spend so much time with them in class going over the work. I would recommend SCDS to anybody. The staff are very professional and the principal is very involved with the kids. They communicate very effectively with the parents about the kids' needs and areas of improvement. It is a great team effort!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Experienced team with high expectations for students without sacrificing relationships that are formed between teachers and students.

Great teachers and administration. Challenging curriculum yet well rounded education. I can be involved in activities when I have time and not pressured to do so.

I couldn't be happier with the teachers and school. Scottsdale Country Day School does not have bullying issues which my child's previous school had. My child's teacher has been with SCDS for 4 years which really shows in her passion and dedication for the school. The administration are accessible and always willing to go above and beyond to help students and parents. There is a very active PTO which put on great events for the students and families to be a part of. I love that my child gets weekly lessons in music, art, P.E, Spanish. Ipads and Chromebooks are also great technology aspects of the school. I have seen some great strides been made by my child after only 2 months of school. We just wish we had found SCDS sooner than this year. Thank you for all that you do for our family!

Terrible experience at this school. Too much "bulling" with no action by administration. Inexperienced teachers at school. My child learned more about his teacher's live in boyfriend than academics. We were sold on a bill of goods that were not delivered. I would advise to look elsewhere for good education.

SCDS is so amazing, school has barely begun and I have seen a huge change in my son. He dreaded going to school! We've had a pretty serious bullying issue that just got worse. I decided to pull him out of the school. It's devastating having to watch your child go thru that. SCDS has a zero tollerence bullying policy. He was so excited to be going to a new school and have a fresh start. His self respect, confidence and self esteem is higher than I have seen in a long time. SCDS is doing wonders for him. I am SO grateful to the staff for taking the matter very seriously and I left confident that my son was in good hands. There were 40 children in my sons class last year and 1 teacher. If you didn't understand there was no individual instruction, they just got lost and fell behind. My son gets all of the one on one time he needs with his teacher. It is very easy to be and stay involved. Everything has structure and is very organized. This school RULES! I would highly recommend this school to anybody that wants their child to thrive in school. My son looks forward to going to school everyday and comes home with a smile on his face :)

Last modified Scottsdale Country Day School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.