Tucson, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,025

Coronado K-8 School 4

Posted March 17, 2015
Yay for Spring Break! I have a few free moments, something I never have during the school year. I have been teaching at MY school for almost 20 years. The staff, the students (past and present), and their parents are my family, and what a great family it is. The students are happy to be at school, and so is the staff. We work hard, and our efforts show. A Ben's Bells Be Kind mural will be installed before the school year ends because Coronado Cougars are Kind Kids. We have one more Tucson Symphony Orchestra concert next week; a quintet comes to play for our elementary students. My school campus is quiet, happy, clean, beautiful (grass, trees not usually found in the desert, flowers, cacti), and safe. Although I treasure my time away from school in order to spend time with my husband and son and to relax a bit, I look forward to greeting my students on Monday morning. I love being a teacher!

Posted March 15, 2015
Coronado is a fantastic school. Our children have attended private faith-based schools, charter schools and Coronado. We've "been there, done that". I challenge anyone to find a school with more dedicated, passionate or invested teachers. Each teacher provides unparalleled enthusiasm to their students and maintains outstanding communication with the parents. The administration, specifically Mrs. Goodman, refers to my wife, son and I as "family". The staff understands balance while maintaining a challenging learning environment. Equally important is the manner in how matters of student conduct are addressed. The teachers and administrators alike do not tolerate poor citizens or bad behavior. We trust the education and wellbeing of our son to the thoughtful oversight of the staff of Coronado k-8, you should too. Lastly, remember to apply your tax credit each year to this school. Dollar for dollar, the best investment you'll make this year. The school needs funds and rightfully deserves it.

Coronado K-8 School 4

Posted February 16, 2015
I was the type of parent who would only want my child to go to a school where the ratings were high. This is my son's first year here in 6th grade and I feel this school is above average. I am shocked that the rating is only a 6 for my son has only gone to 10 ratings schools and his teachers are outstanding and work with parents. I have dealt with Mr Ball and Mrs Goodman and find them both with outstanding listening skills and work with parents. The school is a safe place and if your child is "above" average (gosh, writing that is strange) they work that your child is not left behind in any way. We purchased a house .3 miles from this school so that he can continue here.

Posted November 24, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at Coronado. Her teacher is amazing and we couldn't be happier with our experience with the school.

Posted November 24, 2014
Coronado is outstanding. We are very happy and have nothing but good things to say about the principal, teachers and all staff at Coronado. They are all dedicated to providing the best educational environment for my children and truly put my children first. THANK YOU!

Posted November 04, 2014
Thank you! Love Parent Portal! Love Coronado can t say enough great things about all of you Thanks for ALL that you do!

Posted August 27, 2014
We are new to Coronado and Tucson. Coronado teachers, administrative, social workers, Jerry Maddock the Vice Principal have been extraordinary and we THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!

Posted August 27, 2014
This school is amazing and has so much to offer my children! I wish more parents would get involved because then we would see what it could really be!

Posted August 26, 2014
The Teachers and Staff are amazing! I feel like they take the time to know my kids and in a 1000+ school that is not an easy feat.

Posted August 26, 2014
I had a great experience through elementary and middle school at Coronado K-8! I especially loved the dedication that my teachers had to their jobs and how they always had high expectations. Go Cougars!

Coronado K-8 School
3401 E. Wilds Road, Tucson, AZ  85739
Last modified Coronado K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coronado K-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top