Bakersfield, CA

Posted April 13, 2015
This school's boundary basically is entirety of Seven Oaks community. The high API score is due to high number of kids getting tutored outside of school. Most teachers are uninspiring and do not like to teach. The worst is that some of the teachers are spoiled by parents who give them expensive gifts. Premium handbags from Europe, family trip to Disneyland, and so on. These teachers expect you to give them expensive gifts for their birthdays, Christmas, and so on. It is basically haven for spoiled rich brats and kids are very exclusive. There's not one positive for this school.

Ronald Reagan Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2014
So far I have been pleased with the school. I love the diversity and great parental involvement. I had to laugh at the review about white teachers discriminating against other races, though. During meet the teacher day my child's white teacher talked for a long time with a nonwhite parent and then skipped over me to talk to another nonwhite parent. So in my case the white parent was passed over and ignored by the white teacher. Hopefully "quick to pull the race card" parents won't ruin my (so far) positive experience with Ronald Reagan.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 08, 2014
Reagan elementary is wonderful!! I have worked at this school as a teacher assistant AND had a daughter there for 2 glorious years! The day I moved to Florida was the saddest day. It meant my daughter had to leave the best school in Bakersfield. The staff and teachers are fantastic, helpful and kind. The Principal was great. I do wish he had been a little more present before and after school. I think he should be a part of pick up and drop off at the car drop off. This school has a wonderful campus and is equipped with a great library and comp lab. Parent club is amazing and fundraising is taken to a new level. The thing my daughter misses most is recess..(Florida has NO recess!!) ..the playground was her imaginary playground. Lots of great areas for kids to play and run. We had come from a title one school and Reagan Elem. was a breathe of fresh air...If your lucky enough to be at this school..count your blessing.. After moving to Florida I have decided to home school..NOTHING can compare to what I want unless I move back to Bakersfield. :(

Posted August 15, 2014
Today is meet and great the teachers. I noticed that white teachers are discriminating. When white parents came, so much information were given. But when our turn came, she seems hesitant to give information and when other white people came she left us then came back. God bless you madam! First impression is lasting!

Posted May 29, 2014
Receptionist is very rude. I have gone three different times to just get an enrollment packet, and I still do not have one. She acts like the paper for the packets come out of her pay check. My son attend a private school I am very worried about sending him here, I will be to worried to call and be treated as if I am doing something wrong.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 25, 2013
pros/cons: pros- the teachers are awesome. Very caring, hard working, and they truly want the best for each student. The principal is very involved and present. The cons - large class sizes. My 5th grader has over 30 students in her class. The gate students are taken off site once a week to another school for an all gate class. Although I wish there was a gate class on site 5 days a week, my daughter was challenged and really enjoyed her gate class curriculum. My 5th grader & 3rd grader have been at this school for almost 2 years. Its a great school. Coming from So. CA we had a very successful transition to Bakersfield.

Posted February 10, 2013
I attended Ronald Reagan for seven years. Wouldn't have chosen a different school if I had a choice! Great staff, and the teachers take time to get to know the kids and work with them to succeed as much as they possibly can. Wonderful community and ParentClub!

Ronald Reagan Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2010
Overall my experience with this school has been great with my 2 children. The parent involvement seems to be very important and is a big factor that allows the teacher to focus on the children. Very high recommendations for anyone that may be debating having their children attending there.

Posted May 21, 2009
Great teachers, kids happy and interested in learning more than average. Music program excellent.

Posted May 04, 2009

Ronald Reagan Elementary School
10800 Rosslyn Lane, Bakersfield, CA  93311
Last modified Ronald Reagan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ronald Reagan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top