Carson, CA

Ambler Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
The faculty, staff that work for Ambler elementary school awesome! They care about the students, and offer excellent programs to assist with student engagement . I do not really like the combination class room setting : 4th,5th graders. I feel it is best if the age groups are separate.

Ambler Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
Sign up for the Pre-K class early. It fills up quick! Mrs Sidney is awesome!

Ambler Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted September 30, 2013
I am a substitute teacher who, like many other subs I know, won't go to Ambler. I understand that when a sub shows up the kids are thrown off because the usual authority figure is gone, so they take advantage. However, these kids go beyond the norm. They are loud, unruly and show no respect. It makes for a long, stressful day.

Ambler Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2013
Mrs Sidney and Mrs Dickerson are awesome with the Pre-K children! They teach alot and generally care about the students.

Posted September 26, 2013
I think Ambler is a great school. My daughter went to Ambler now my grandchildren is attending. The teachers are very attending to the student needs and if the students were to do all that is required in the class and homework "the students will grow by leaps and bounds." Different Culture involvement and the field trips are very educational. Small classroom size is always a plus. Great school!!!

Posted September 17, 2012
This school is a very good school it has excellent staff it made many of my family members get into great schools including: Dodson middle school, King Drew high school, Stanford, Dartmouth, El Camino, and even Columbia. I truly recommend this school to anyone reading this review

Posted May 16, 2012
My son is part of their ICAP program. In my opinion it is the best special ED program LA Unified has. I know there is an excellent magnet at the school and great parent involvement. I've have ovserved school activities and I speak with office staff routinely . They have a great staff, courteous kids, and a priority of providing a safe enviroment for their students.

Posted June 22, 2010
My son just completed his kindergarten year at Ambler. The school is under the leadership of Mrs. Ellis who does an outstanding job of setting the tone and spirit of academic excellence for Ambler. The kinder teaching team is AWESOME! Mrs. Nakata, Ms. Harris, and Ms. Veceles are all very committed and dedicated to helping each child develop to his/her fullest potential. My son is very bright and I had concerns that he may not be challenged enough. The kinder team did a great job of dividing the students based on ability and meeting each child at his/her point of need. I highly recommend Ambler Elementary Gifted and Magnet School.

Posted December 21, 2009
I have a son and daughter in Ambler. In my opinion, it is the best public school in the area. Doubt me? Take a look at the test scores for these kids at Ambler. The proof is in the figures, this is a great school indeed!

Ambler Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted December 09, 2009
My dauhgter loves this school. She says that her teacher Mrs.Ali a 4 grad magnet teacher adores her.=}

Ambler Avenue Elementary School
319 East Sherman Drive, Carson, CA  90746
Last modified Ambler Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ambler Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top