K-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school is by far the best there is. Yes it's a private school, my wife and I are making sacrifices to send our 3 children there. We are paying $$$, but the education level they are being taught is far advanced compared to public schools. We sent one of our kids to a public pre-school for free and we got what we payed for. Our other child went to St. Philomena for pre-school, he learned to read and solve math problems, much more then our other one that went to a public school, I wished they had pre-school when my other one went. But at least when he started, they helped him excel. The school staff and faculty are very caring for the kids and they help them develop their skills. The school is administered by Carmelite Sisters and having their Catholic faith reinforced by them and weekly mass, is just a plus. The school has invested in technology with computers, tablets and digital whiteboards. My saying is "If you're going to pay for education, invest your money in your child at this school." Your child will get a higher level of education from this school. My kinder is doing 1st grade math. Just goes to show the education level.

I am an alumnus of St. Philomena and currently have a sibling attending the school. I believe that my sibling is getting the same high-quality education I had previously. The new principal provides outstanding leadership and a desire to address the needs of the parents and students. The teachers are excellent in allowing, yet challenging, the students to excel in the classroom. The teachers really care about the well-being of their students. The school is also able to provide a strong Catholic foundation for its students through weekly school masses and Eucharistic adorations. The sports and musical extracurricular activities give students a good basis for physical education and musical appreciation. The idea of family involvement is not farfetched because parents are always willing to help at many school activities. The numerous upgrades in the classrooms, library, computer lab and environment will positively impact the student's learning atmosphere.

My oldest child went to this school a few years ago and back then, I had some inquiry which was addressed but to no avail. Some doubts and concerns were also brought up by other parents but it was like an unwritten rule that if you can't beat them -- you join them. We moved, thus my kids went to a different private catholic school and from day 1, we knew we were getting what we hoped for our kids. No pressure, no 'monetary' committment -- pure high quality education.

Last modified St. Philomena Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8