Weldon Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2010
As a teacher at Weldon, I feel that it is my responsibility to let parents know that their children are being subjected to derogatory statements, belittling, rude comments, and a negative attitude by the lunch monitors at this school. We as teachers should be able to make a difference but unfortunately it is the parents who are the only ones who can really change this injustice to our students. If more of you would speak out then we could stop this. If any of you are reading this, keep a watchful eye during lunch time this year and stay on top of trying to make a better lunch experience for the kids!

Weldon Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2010
I'm glad that more teachers are choosing to speak out against the treatment of the students by the lunch monitors and GIS. With school just a few weeks away from starting I feel like we as teachers should warn parents that while Weldon is an awesome school, it does have major problems that need to be fixed. Sometimes when I leave my class to go to lunch, I can already hear the lunch monitors yelling and talking down to the kids. I have spoken to the lunch monitors myself about this and they just don't seem to care at all. I think that the parents need to speak up an understand that they are the ones who can fix this.

Posted November 04, 2009

Weldon Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter was a Weldon girl, and I think they have the greatest school spirit ever! They are supportive of the kids, and go above and beyond to make sure you have that Warrior Pride!

Weldon Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2009
I am a teacher at Weldon Elementary. I have read through the comments about our school and I'm glad that so many of you like what we are all about. I do have to say that the comments about the GIS and the lunch monitors are absolutely true. I think that if more parents spoke out about the negativity that goes on within our school we may be one step closer to stopping it.

Posted April 07, 2009
We have a son and daughter that attend Weldon. We usually don't respond to these types of things, but we felt other parents should know. Weldon and Clovis Unified have been excellent for our children. The high level of involvement from administrators, teachers, and parents is remarkable. Communication between teacher and parent has been very satisfying. The curriculum has our children achieving above grade level in Math and Reading. The after school ACES program is outstanding. We can't say enough about Weldon and the District. Keep it up!

Weldon Elementary School 0

Posted December 02, 2008
I think Weldon is a great school for my child. However, I think that the GIS is very overbearing and tends to lack respect for the children at times. I also think that the lunch monitors lack respect for the children all the time. If there are any parents reading this, I hope that you will investigate this yourselves. All you have to do is show up one day, sit in the parking lot during lunch time, and you will see and hear very disturbing things from the people that we leave our children with daily.

Weldon Elementary School 1

Posted September 21, 2008

Posted May 12, 2008

Posted March 19, 2008

Weldon Elementary School
150 Dewitt Avenue, Clovis, CA  93612
Last modified Weldon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weldon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top