Posted February 18, 2013
I love this school. I have excellent teachers and anytime I have needed help i have gotten it. Also the music teacher is amazing. I love being in band and color guard and this is my first year of high school. So this not a bad school in my opinion.

Posted September 08, 2012
I was very anxious about my son starting High School here after years of private religious school. I know it is a big football and cheer-leading school and I was concerned about some of the bullying that sometimes goes along with that. The registration I went to was chaotic and his registration got bungled up a bit, then I was really nervous! But the school was ON IT!! They had a great freshman orientation which made my son feel really comfortable and excited about school. The staff was very nice and my son's registration got all ironed out and he is in the honors classes he was looking forward to. The school has a great positive atmosphere and respectful interaction seems to be the norm. They seem to enforce their rules fairly and consistently. There are many great extra-curriculars for the kids and the music teacher is a real dynamo. SO FAR SO GREAT!

Posted May 18, 2011
I graduated from EGHS and I loved it! The teachers really put an emphasis on leadership and if you want to play sports or get involved with a club, there are a lot of opportunities and encouragement. The school is rich with history and pride and tradition, something I'm not sure many students today have a chance to experience. Go Herd!

Elk Grove High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Our school continues to grow advanced placement programs and recruits students from all walks of life to take part and succeed in college readiness. In addition, we continue long standing traditions that most modern schools do not: Homecoming parades, float construction etc. We offer award winning programs like Ag and Voc Ed like auto shop that boasts a better than 90% job placement rate. We foster a sense of community, pride, and service.

Elk Grove High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
It's a great school with good academics and clubs. My kids are very involved there. They are the third generation attending EGHS!

Posted July 06, 2010
This school is so great! I love all the teachers and the students are all really friendly. The school seems to put an emphasis on ensuring that every student had the best chance of succeeding.

Posted April 22, 2010
This is an older sch in district, but the spirit of the teachers remains in most of them. Some older teachers still teach there, and have lots of experiences & care for the kids. They're more human than sch that rated 10, and only care for being #1 in academic. EGHS has the best teachers in CP Chem, English, & Jap. ('Ratemyteachers.com) Tons of HW but grading are fair. The front staffs have room for improvement. And last, it is really the students who are motivated to study & get the school up in the ladder.

Elk Grove High School 3

Posted September 11, 2009

Elk Grove High School 2

Posted July 24, 2009
I have not enjoyed the last 2 years I have been here. The school is so run down, but at least they are putting in a new track. The school focuses more on sports than the acedemic program, but when it comes time to do the STAR testing all the teachers are frantic trying to teach you new things that you should have already learned. Most the teachers are really old and should have already been retired. The new vice principle, Mr. Heckmann is pretty much the worst vice principle in the district. The school has gotten too strict, I understand some of the rules, but you don't even get warnings anymore. The ladies in the office are rude and not welcoming. I know it's the best school in the district, but honestly every school in the district is not up to good standards. This school fails. period

Posted June 10, 2009

Elk Grove High School
9800 Elk Grove-Florin Road, Elk Grove, CA  95624
Last modified Elk Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elk Grove High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top