Fallbrook, CA

Posted March 23, 2014
I have nothing but great things to say about La Paloma! Under the leadership of Principal McGough, this school has reached full potential. Teachers are upbeat and positive, the students are happy and the parents are involved. Both of my children participate in various after school enrichment programs that are offered for free, such as garden club and Mandarin. My oldest is in the GATE program and has had science club, art classes, reading club, and math club after school, plus other programs have been offered that we have chosen not to participate in. In class, my eldest is challenged with special research projects and power point presentations. My youngest, a 1st-grader, has tons of parent help in his classroom, helping test students on sight words and math skills. My youngest is performing above grade level now. Both kids have made lots of friends at school. La Paloma is a wonderful school to send your kids to!

Posted August 30, 2013
My child is in his second year at La Paloma and we are very pleased with our experience there. He is in the dual immersion program, which is one of the reasons we chose La Paloma. It is an amazing program and challenges our child much more than english-only classes would have. The staff is wonderful and the principal is a very friendly and community oriented. He has lead the school in great improvements over the last year.

La Paloma Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2009
A great deal of emphasis is but on bilingual education at La Paloma. Class size is enormous. My child's teacher has been excellent and gone above and beyond but most of the teachers don't put in as much effort--the teacher's union regulates everything in the favor of teachers not students. The administration is easy to work with and knows educational law to include special education law. Classroom behavior at this school is well maintained. Special education classes often don't push kids to meet standards.

Posted April 18, 2008
The teachers at La Paloma are nice, friendly, well trained, and are working hard to meet the demands of a high ESL student body, large classroom size amidst budget cuts. The principal and vice-principal are always available for questions. I appreciate the campus being clean and safe. I can see that the school is well ran, and morale is high. Since La Paloma is an older school, it does not come across as impressive as a newer school, and some parents are too quick to make judgement. I am a parent volunteer here and I wish that every parent would spend some time here to see for themselves. Thank you Teachers for all your hard work!

La Paloma Elementary School

Posted February 29, 2008
This school is sad. The teachers my child had were nice but they had to spend much of their time coping with ESL students. The prinicapl directed all of her comments to ESL parents on back to school night. She had no interest in the other student body. The school is about 75% non-English speaking.

La Paloma Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2007
There are music and art programs at La Paloma. In fact La Paloma led the way in having an art teacher (PTA provided but not a volunteer) on campus. All students recieve art and music instruction. Administration is excellent, with a highly motivated and capable principal and staff. Some of the best teachers in San Diego are at this school. The campus isn't the newest or the prettiest, but don't judge this book by it's cover.

La Paloma Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2007
There are too many problems children that it makes it hard for the teachers to decifer whether the child is misbehaving or really needs assistance. There eager to give disciplinary measures leaving the children to feel that it doesn't make a difference if they misbehave or not because they are always doing something wrong.They lack in their comendation and support. My sons test scores have dropped because he didn't get the help he needed.

La Paloma Elementary School 3

Posted January 11, 2006
Gate Program opportunities are available, but mostly extracurricular. Level of challenge is mediocre, but teacher motivation seems high. Administration is responsive to concerns regarding education, however, safety issues continue to be a problem. Fencing would help! There are no music or art programs within this school. Volunteers and teachers combine efforts to expose the children to the arts, but the extracurricular programs are severely limited - even the GATE programs. If it weren't for parent volunteers, there really would be nothing extra for these kids; the teachers do the best they can. I suppose it's time to move, though this is where we thought we would be raising our children! God bless and good luck!

Posted June 24, 2004
La Paloma School is one of the Best Middle Schools in the Fallbrook area. Class size is well managed and is maintained under 30. Teachers are always available to help any student before or after school if the extra help is needed. As a parent I found that all my questions where always answered in a timely maner. Teachers work together to make sure students are helped in the area most needed. Keep up the great Work La Paloma Elementary School staff.

La Paloma Elementary School
300 Heald Lane, Fallbrook, CA  92028
Last modified La Paloma Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Paloma Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top