1,833 students|Fremont Unified

Bad
Good

They teach things too fast which I guess is Ok for people who are fast learners.. But not for slower people...honestly I feel like the teachers teach things the way they want then who ever gets it is good and who ever doesn't... We'll that's not their problem they just want to get paid.... Just my opinion.

I'm rating the school now as a parent - as a parent of a child currently enrolled and starting his junior year. However for background, I attended Washington ('88) and my daughter attended Washington before the current administration (HUGE IMPROVEMENT), leaving in 2013 after her junior year to attend Oholne College instead. Best move she ever made. Washington was not a great fit for her, however maybe no high school would have been. Back to Washington, my son and current administration. This school will be climbing the rankings quickly. The new administration has shaken things up and the overall quality has improved dramatically as a result. Teachers are teaching and work is being returned in a timely manner. My son participates in three sports a year and is in the honors / GATE program. Classes have been a challenge for him and the athletic programs are well managed (for the most part). There is a fair amount of parental involvement in the sports program which helps to keep it on the rails. Our experience is that teachers care and spend time on their lessons. Quality has definitely improved in the past two years.

The devotion and active interest of the leadership team is awesome! All 4 of our children went there. They got a good education and all are good citizens of our great country. They continue to contribute to society in the best way ever..committed!

To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with this school. I'll have to disagree with review below me. Yeah, SOME of the students are annoying, but a lot aren't.. Everyone here is different >.< I had horrible grades in Elementary but here my grades have gotten much higher.

If you took all these students and placed them at a different school, this school would be nearly perfect. My problem with this school is definitely the students. theyre immature, childish, annoying, ignorant, and chances are they wont get very far in life. the staff is alright, the new principal is really nice and a couple teachers seem to actually care about what you have to say. But only a couple. Most are just collecting a paycheck. I definitely plan on graduating early just to get away from this school and all the people that are destroying it.

My daughter graduated from here in 2011 and my son will be a freshmen in fall. I love this school.The staff is very friendly and helpful.It was maze day yesterday and my son was out on a boyscout trip.So I decided to go and get some of the stuff for him.Seniorsand leadership students helped mea lot.One senior ,Jason was so helpful that he walked me up to the freshmen locker area and helped me in choosing one right there with the help of a device that he was carrying.Then my son's schedule was mixed up..I decided to go to the counselorer.Since she had left for the day,the principal,Mr. Moran spent good 15 to 25 minutes with me and gave me a new schedule for my son.I was very relieved and happy that my problem was addressed on time. One concern is that too many students come to school late,and not much is done about it.I hope the new principal will pay attention to it.

I'd have to say, this is THE school you would want to come to. The people here are great and it has a huge variety of races.

Washington High School is the worst school I have ever attended. The teachers could care less about the students, they have absolutely no control of the classroom, and no discpline is applied. Also, the education itself is poor and does not challenge me at a intellectual level. Although it is apparently a top public school, it does not meet my criteria of being a school that succesfully educates the pupils. If you want to get into a good college and succeed, I do not suggest this school.

I attended Washington many years ago and have to say this school did a great job of preparing me for the world. After two graduate degrees and a long career teaching and coaching, I've been able to look back and give a silent thanks to all the great teachers I had at WHS . You only get out of a school what you put into it. If you work hard and pay attention, you can go far. I have many classmates who've achieved much. Many are university professors, lawyers, doctors, teachers, nurses, etc. My niece graduated 25 years later and has been equally successful. Sorry, but I read a lot of sour grapes in some of these reviews.

The only reason why this school does not have at least a 9/10 is because of the past, Around two decades ago, this high school was doing really bad and the government almost took over. This made all the careful parents and their family move somewhere else. Luckily, whs did not get taken over. WHS is thriving right now. I've never learned move. The teachers are the best I've ever had. Trust me. I went to a school 2.5 miles away, ihs (public school) and they taught me absolutely nothing and I'm an honors (and GATE) student. WHS has many activities for everyone at school. Not only do the students learn, but they have fun during their high school years. All the departments are excellent. The only problem is the students. There is not much competition because the competitive people moved beacuse of WHS's old reputation. WHS is so much better than 20 years ago. It should deserve a 9 at least. There is a really string principal realtionship with the students this year. I can honestly say this is the best high school in the city.

Last modified Washington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.