Posted September 03, 2014
Our child has been at Prince of Peace since pre-school. We live two blocks from the local public school (which is very highly ranked), and didn't give a second thought that we would send our child to POP as opposed to going public. There were 20 children in each kindergarten class at POP. There were 35 that year in each kindergarten class at the public school. The teacher/student ratio alone is a huge bonus at POP, as compared to public school. Your child WILL get individual attention from his or her teacher, both for the academic and social/behavioral aspects of their schooling. I have yet to hear of a child that has moved on to high school (and many move on to rigorous private schools) that has had any trouble with the curriculum or was "a year behind" after their schooling at POP. The children are disciplined with love, and parents are encouraged to be involved and aware of the process. That being said, there is no tolerance for bullying, and any physical violence makes a child subject to expulsion. I hate to call out another parent, but I am suspect of the posting regarding their child's hair being pulled while teachers stood by. I don't hesitate to recommend POP.

Posted October 08, 2013
Our daughter attended preschool and is now in 1st grade, and everyone we've met and encountered at the school has nothing but the best interest of the child at hand. It is a warm and loving place to bring your child. They have a rigorous curriculum but also focus on teaching the child how to love others and treat others with respect and consideration.

Prince Of Peace Lutheran School 4

Posted May 09, 2013
Both my kids attend Prince of Peach Lutheran School in Fremont. I highly recommend this school to all parents - whether you are Lutheran or not. BTW, I am not. Every teacher in this school deserve an A+ rating. They care about the kids and go out of their way to help the kids and their parents so many times that I have lost track. The teacher-parents-students are a great community. They look after each other. My only disappointment is that they dont have a high school. And I hope one day, they will. GREAT WORK POP!

Prince Of Peace Lutheran School 2

Posted February 21, 2013
I have serious issues with the admission process. This school puts out cattle calls for Kindergarten, but they are already full. They take your non refundable fee, but don't return phone calls. They tell you it is a fair process, but offer no proof of this. I find it non Chrisitian to take hard earned money for hard working parents and then not return calls asking about status . Nor will they share how long this mysterious wait list is.

Posted January 14, 2013
PoP in Fremont is the BEST school I have ever been associated with and will continue to send my girls here, God willing. My girls are 4 (currently in preschool, started at 2) and 6 (first grade, started at the preschool at 3). Their teachers have been phenomenal in every aspect. They are caring, academically inspiring, and mentor in a loving way. Both daughters are thriving and growing up to be not only advanced academically, but are loving and considerate, all of which are fostered at this school. I have to question the negative posts that "their children are a year behind those in their new public school"; this is completely ludicrous to me as ALL of the teachers are fully engaged with their students. A year behind PUBLIC school?? Come on! I must say however, I am a fully involved Dad at the school and my children's classrooms so I am present and aware of the daily goings-on. Is there bullying? Maybe but I have those conversations with both my girls and their teachers so I am clear of the "dangers" they may face. Finally, the three Pastors at the school are incredible guys and are also present and heavily involved with the students...my girls love them. I love this school.

Posted October 16, 2012
Our 2 children have been at Prince of Peace since preschool. Both are now in the elementary school and thriving. We chose POP because we wanted our children to have a Christ centered education. We also did not want our children to be thrown into a class of 30+ peers like at the public schools. Starting at the front office, POP has great leadership. Mr Dueck, Head of School is an amazing leader who my children really respect. Mrs Rillamas in the school office has such a heart and the kids stop in to see her daily. Now onto the teachers - My children have been blessed each and every year with an amazing teacher. I talk to other POP parents all the time that say the same thing. How God has blessed each one of them with a passion to teach. The community is amazing and very welcoming to new families. As far as educational standards I know of several families who have had their children as POP K - 8 and they said their children have entered High School with a great foundation and are in AP classes.If you are looking for a school where Christ is at the center, put POP at the top of your list! The school continues to grow for two reasons, 1st God has blessed it and 2nd it is a great place.

Posted October 15, 2012
An education at Prince of Peace will offer you child the opportunity to grow socially, academically, emotionally, and physically. I have 3 children who have been part of this community and are flourishing in their areas of work and study. Prince of Peace is a small community with teachers who genuinely care about your child. There is opportunity for leadership. sports, music, science and much more. I would highly recommend this school for grades Preschool - 8th grade.

Prince Of Peace Lutheran School 1

Posted September 25, 2012
My child attended this school for two years and endured two years of severe bullying. I was unaware of it at first since my child did not tell me about it but when she started coming home with marks on her body I became concerned. I spoke to both the teacher and principal and they assured me they would or have taken care of the situation. Reality is there is little to no supervision on the playground at recess and since the bully's were active members of the church they were not reprimanded. We left and went to our local public school and was shocked that she was a year behind her peers and we had to provide tutoring to get her up to grade level. At POP she was a top student so we thought she was doing well academically. I'm sick at the thought that we spent money on what we thought was a top notch education to find out it was sub par at best. Since her public school has a zero tolerance for bullying she is no longer being bullied and we can not recommend Prince of Peace for anyone. She still talks about how she was teased, had her hair pulled, pushed etc while the teachers were near by and she felt helpless.

Prince Of Peace Lutheran School 1

Posted September 17, 2012
This school has issues that contradict their mission statement directly. During p.e., my child and several others had their hair PULLED by their teacher, for example. Also, the technology instructor was disrespectful in his manner of speaking to the students. The fact that my child was physically bullied while the principal was standing merely 30 feet away with a clear view made it intollerable. When we finally pulled our child out, we realized that she was a full grade level behind. From other parents, I've heard unfavorable treatment when issues are brought to the administration as well as if their family dynamic isn't traditional. Consider ALL of the schools in Fremont.

Posted March 11, 2012
I have been teaching at Prince of Peace for 6 years in our Jr. High program. There has been several changes in the last few years and we are only getting stronger! We recently implemented a complete overhaul of our technology. outfitting each room with a smart board and projector systems, added a full time technology teacher and overhauled our K-8 science and math programs. We are working on continuity between grades and implementing new teachers as we grow from 1-2 classes per grade. We are currently building a new building because we have grown so much we need more space! While we have had struggles in the past I truly believe we are the school to beat in the area and we are only growing stronger. I encourage you to stop by and take a tour! Our current principal would be happy to meet you and answer any questions you have!

Prince Of Peace Lutheran School
38451 Fremont Boulevard, Fremont, CA  94536
Last modified Prince Of Peace Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Prince Of Peace Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top