Hayward, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted March 09, 2014
As a faculty member of St. Bede Catholic School, I am proud to write a review for our school. To begin with, our students are one-of-a-kind: bright, kind, thoughtful, creative and compassionate. Additionally, they continually challenge the world around them with their unique perspectives and are able to effectively communicate those ideas in a way that not many elementary and middle school students are able. With our small class sizes, students are able to have an unique learning experience where one-on-one teacher instruction is possible - questions and mistakes are encouraged. Our staff is beyond dedicated and are entirely committed to the students and to making our school better in every way. This year, we implemented a one-to-one laptop program (5th-8th grade) which has encouraged students to take ownership in their learning, advocate for themselves (with nightly emails to teachers) and has allowed the staff to challenge them in a way we were unable to prior. Next year, we hope to have iPads in the 3rd and 4th grade classrooms as well. Truly a unique learning experience for our young people! If you hope for a kind, thoughtful, clever and inquisitive child - St. Bede is for you!

Posted March 09, 2014
My husband and I decided to put our son to a Catholic school for kindergarten as we want him to have a great foundation growing up. We looked at couple of schools around the area and we decided on St. Bede. What impressed me the most, aside from the friendly faculty and staff, is how polite the students were when we visited their classrooms. As we entered with the principal, Mrs. Cosentino, students immediately stood up and greeted her a "good afternoon," which I hardly see students do nowadays and one of the kids even welcomed us. The staff and faculty are amazing. They are very knowledgeable, caring, nice, and you can see that they love their jobs and very passionate in what they do. I am very confident that our son is getting a good education and learning about God while having fun at the same time. When he is asked by anybody if he likes school his immediate answer is " yes" and he is very proud to say that he goes to St. Bede and his teacher is Mrs. Silva. While other kids dreads going to school, he isn't which says a lot about what the environment is at St. Bede. I can honestly say that we made a right decision putting our son to St. Bede.

Posted October 23, 2013
Looks can be deceiving ... The exterior is not as appealing as the intriguing wonders within. The Principal, Teachers and Staff are treasurers in themselves. They are very accommodating and willing to assist in any way they can. The focus of St. Bede's is the education of their students. This year they were fortunate to participate in a 1-1 MacBook Air Laptop program for grades 5-7. Their tech lab is amazing as well, with approximately 30 Mac Desktops. The teachers invest time and are open to creative ways to assist students with their various ways of learning. They have different methods to assisting student that learn in various way to ensure the comprehension, completion and submission of assignments. St. Bede is a great choice for the enrichment of my children spiritually, socially and educationally.

Posted October 04, 2013
As a parent, St. Bede provides a strong Catholic foundation and curriculum for my child. Additionally, the dedicated teachers and staff give my child that sense he has a "second home". Their continuous efforts to integrate technology especially with their one-to-one laptop program is a plus! I would encourage any parent looking for a well-rounded Catholic school with a strong curriculum, Catholic identity, and affordability to visit the school and see for themselves all they have to offer!

Posted October 04, 2013
Don't be fooled by appearances, St. Bede is truly a diamond in the rough. St. Bede Catholic School offers a unique school experience blended with dedicated, hard working teachers and staff who go above and beyond to educate and instill community values in their students. St. Bede students are strong academically with high test scores and go on to become top students at other schools in the area like Moreau. St. Bede's diverse population and safe school campus are also attributes worth mentioning.

Posted October 04, 2013
I love going to St. Bede school because the teachers are fun and help me to be a good student. I also like the new clubs they have like the Ecology and Game Club. Oh, and I am so happy they have a cross country program.

Posted August 31, 2011
Since our move out of the area, our family has really missed St. Bede School. The principal and pastor have great vision for the school and genuinely care about all students, families, and teachers. The faculty and administration work tirelessly to raise their standards year after year. The school is imbued with a sense of community and Catholic identity. At our new school, we are paying almost double the tuition and expected more. Little did we know that St. Bede is one of a kind! We miss our home, St. Bede School!

St. Bede Catholic School 4

Posted September 30, 2010
I am a student, still in St.Bede right now. It's a great school and the teachers are all good. Especially Ms.Garcia, who is now Mrs.Durana. I made a lot of friends here at St.Bede. We all learn a lot. And I am a Principal's Honor Roll student. See? St. Bede teachers taught me to be in that high a category.

Posted January 27, 2010
i think this is a great school because i go to this school and the teachers are awesome.

Posted October 01, 2009
St. Bede is a great school. I am a parent of 3 St. Bede students, the eldest just graduated last year. He is now a freshman at Moreau. After seeing his grades in Powerschool, I can attest he is a straight A student. Last year graduates from Moreau, the Summa cum Laude was from St. Bede (Venzon). My nephew also graduated and he was a cum laude. Oh yes, he also graduated from St. Bede. I am sure there were some honor students from St. Joachim, but not as many compared to St. Bede. After all is said and done, the final responsibilty still lies on the student. No school can honestly attest that it only produces A students. Not even Challenger school. Stop blaming the school who spoonfed you with great foundation and nurturing environment and take responsibility in your on hand. And most especially, do something about it.

St. Bede Catholic School
26910 Patrick Avenue, Hayward, CA  94544
Last modified St. Bede Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Bede Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top