Huntington Beach, CA

Posted May 12, 2015
I LOVE MESA VIEW!! I don't understand the comments about bullying here... I never see it. We have numerous anti-bullying assemblies to. All of the students are extremely friendly and welcoming, as well as the teachers. The homework I is given at a good, moderate, pace. The GATE classes are super educational yet SO MUCH FUN!! Everyday I am excited to go to Mesa View and I am always looking forward to my next class! There are supportive, enthusiastic, funny teachers who are willing to try new things and aren't burned out on teaching. The classes are enjoyable and highly educational. We use GATE icons and thinking maps all the time, and I find that they really help. In fact, I use the GATE icons and thinking maps in my daily life and out of school. The teachers really prep you for the SBAC and high school. ASB and WEB and CJSF are great leadership communities that do so much for the school, and the electives are so much fun (I have Preforming Arts)!! Coming from a student, I love this school, and I'm going to miss it a whole lot next year.

Posted April 22, 2015
This school district and school are not the place to go if you want the focus on the child and all the support they need at this stage of life. There is no budget for kids to belong to sports or other school activities that foster inclusion without first going through mysterious "tryouts". There is a secretary who doubles as the unofficial school counselor with NO credential or expertise - she does her best. There is the vice-principal who dismisses any concerns and they are on their third principal in three years. There was the asbestos issue this year and the way it was handled - too lengthy to detail here. I see this district as top heavy with administration and "building improvements" with little left to be funneled down to directly support the children or to the teachers who support the children. There should be at least ONE full time counselor to support the children - other districts have 3 or 4. There were teachers papering parents with flyers to support their salary and support issues in their battles with the district. Middle school is tough enough without all the challenges at this school district and school.

Posted February 05, 2014
My child was bullied by the teacher and assistant principal. And was treated horrible.this school staff is the poster child for school vouchers and teacher evaluations.I moved my child to a private school after being destroyed as a student by the hollier than thou teacher and vice principle. This school has no refused for the children only the platinum retirement plan.

Posted November 25, 2013
I don't understand the comments about bullying! I have never seen anyone being bullied here at Mesa at all! Plus teachers never assign to much homework at all! All the teachers work with each other to make sure that there is never to much homework each night! I have never had more than one test a day, or more than one project due on the same day.I honestly think that these kids are lying to their parents, or are at the least great actors. We have anti-bullying assemblies really often, and ever kids that I know who you would think are bullying others, are extremely nice! I understand my geometry homework more than the poor ratings.

Posted September 14, 2013
I actually don't know why everybody's complaining about bullying at this school. I have transferred from the Westminster School District into Mesa View for 7th grade. I haven't seen any form of bullying at this school and I doubt I ever will. All the students here seem friendly and nice. Maybe there are a few students that don't obey rules and swear but every school has them! The GATE teachers are wonderful, being funny yet still getting the lessons through. Exploratory Wheel classes seem awesome too! I think this school is wonderful overall. Sure you get a lot of homework but it's not too much to manage. Bullies and mean kids come and go. A new wave of students come in and an old wave of students go out every year. You can't expect the bullies to stay back. New year= New students.

Posted July 16, 2013
AS A PARENT I HAVE WATCHED MY SON COME HOME IN TEARS FROM THE BULLING AT THIS SCHOOL. AFFRAID TO GO ON BUS AND PE HE WOULD RATHER BE IN THE OFFICE SO HE DOESNT GET A BALL AT HIS HEAD, AND THE TEACHER FOR SOME REASON NEVER SEES IT. MY SON HAS SPENT MORE TIME IN THE OFFICE TO AVOID BULLING THAN IN THE CLASS ROOM AND IS CURRENTLY GETTING ALL F'S. THANKS MESA VIEW

Mesa View Middle School 3

Posted June 14, 2013
Many of the teachers at Mesa View are BULLY'S. Truly they are, and the Vice Principal backs them up. I am over the dress code. Basically only the pretty girls get dress coded. The teachers need to be dress coded. TOO many dumb rules. Then they send home "Saturday Academy" notices for every missed day of school. I think they are scamming the state for the $45 missed day of school, even when I submit a Doctor's note my kid still get a "Saturday Academy" notice. I am tired of hearing the schools are broke. Take some of the Administrator's pay.. I am so over pushing these kids for high test scores, not fully educating them on the one topic/subject before they are moving on to something new. SO my kid is an HONOR ROLL student treat him like it! She earned your "DISTINGUISHED SCHOOL TITLE" not you the ALMIGHTY VICE PRINCIPAL always looking to get a kid busted for something dumb.

Posted May 17, 2013
I am utterly shocked! How did this school get so many stars?! The teachers are more concerned about sending tons of homework everyday rather than help my son understand his work! He sometimes gets so much homework, he has to work from the minute he gets home to bed time and is rarely ever able to go outside to play with friends before it gets dark. I keep contacting the teachers, trying to find someway to reduce his homework or at least send him home understanding what to do, but it's as if they really don't care! I have even tried to talk to the administration about this but they seem to either ignore my phone calls or they have things that are "more important" to do than ensure the success of my son! Do Not Send Your Child to this school! If I would have known there are much better schools in the area, I would have never gone to this "great" school in the first place.

Posted January 25, 2013
This school has a serious problem with bullying! The principal is either naive or doesn't care. It's a shame because their GATE program is very good. Students are afraid to report bullies because repercussions.

Posted January 18, 2013
This school does nothing to help out with the bullying... I'm so shocked that it has more than 3 stars! Do you people not care about the racism in this school? ITS HORRIBLE my brother is always getting teased by "white" kids. They say the most offensive things to him... and the staff does nothing to help him...

Mesa View Middle School
17601 Avilla Lane, Huntington Beach, CA  92647
Last modified Mesa View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mesa View Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top